Out of all hobbies, we see scuba diving as the most relaxing one. And that for a few reasons. First and foremost, you get to travel and experience new cultures and meet new people. Secondly, you are down below, enjoying marine life in one of the most zen atmosphere out of all – nothing will disrupt you outside the sounds of your breathing. And last but not least you know that you are a part of marine life discovery – whether it is diving in Antarctica or the Indian Ocean you are sure to see new species and experience a unique atmosphere. Let’s not forget that scuba diving is beneficial for your overall health as well.
Scuba diving has been becoming quite popular in the past few decades, and each there are few more destinations coming up that are worth visiting. Whether it is Western, Eastern, Northern, or Southern hemisphere each part of the world has unique marine destinations to experience. Let’s not forget that our Planet Earth is covered by more than 70% water!
Let’s go ahead and take a look at the few scuba diving sites that you shouldn’t miss in 2019!
The Best Scuba Diving Sites For Your Upcoming Trip
1. The Red Sea, Egypt. Before continuing with more exotic destinations we can’t go without mentioning a scuba diving site that has been popular for decades. With Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh being the two main sites to start your marine road from, you will be able to experience diverse life down below, enjoying colorful corrals, meeting barracudas, dolphins and even belugas in the process!
2. Kona, Hawaii. Where for those of you who are into the more romantic night scuba diving trip this destination is the perfect match. And you don’t have to be much experienced either to enjoy it, with snorkel divers being welcome as well. The most unique part of this trip will be swimming with 12-Foot Manta rays!
3. The Great Blue Hole, Belize. What was basically a collapsed underwater cave is now one of the most popular scuba diving destinations. Apart from experiencing the underwater stalagmites and stalactites, you will get to swim around hammerhead sharks and a diverse Caribbean sea marine life!
4. Gili Islands, Indonesia. Indonesia is the pearl of the Indian region and Gili Islands are the yet undiscovered top destination situated right north-west of the Lombok coast. Three small islands each offering a unique experience, if you want to visit it we recommend the PADI IDC Gili Islands TripAdvisor – you will find a variety of different options and training programs out there. It is a scuba diving experience that you shouldn’t miss!
5. The Yongala, Australia. Though not that recommended if you are a beginner, the Yongala is one of the most attractive scuba diving sites especially due to the strong currents that it is famous for. And when you are already at it we would absolutely recommend visiting the whole Great Barrier Reef area, and enjoying a social experience with manta rays once again!
6. The Great White Wall, Fiji. If you are an open-water fan and want to experience a soft coral that goes up to 100 feet deep then this Fiji site is the right thing for you. Beautiful environment and diverse marine life are what lies ahead!
Scuba diving is a unique hobby and we would recommend it to all of you that are yet to try it! The above-mentioned destinations are just some of the most popular ones, and we guarantee the PADI IDC Gili Islands offer an amazing experience that you will resemble for many years to come!