Wondering how to go from Bangkok to Hua Hin? Well, taxi is one of the best options you have. Hua Hin is a popular tourist destination in Thailand. You might not be aware that it used to be summer homes of the royals. King Rama IX used to stay there at Hua Hin Klai Kang Won Palace for many months in a year.
Hua Hin is a wonderful gateway with family. Clean beaches, fantastic restaurants and bars are just perfect for a great holiday. Among the best tourist attractions here is a temple where you will find many wild monkeys. A night market is a great place for some bargain shopping. The Elephant Village has a lot to offer as well. There are beautiful vineyards, waterfalls, national parks and tropical jungle where you can go on a day tour. Here you will find hotels and restaurants of any budget. So you can have a great holiday here.
A large MPV used in many providers of the taxi from Bangkok to Hua Hin
You can get to Hua Hin from Bangkok by plane, train, bus or taxi. Most people choose taxis as the mode of travel for many reasons.
- It is convenient as you will be picked up from the airport or from your hotel. So, you won’t have to go to a bus stop or train station. Your journey will be memorable as you will get the opportunity to view some wonderful landscapes. If you want you can stop the taxi at beautiful locations and take photos. You can also stop for a coffee break.
- The public transports like bus and train are not available during the night. So, your option will be either plane or taxi if you plan to travel at night. Taxi, in this case, will be cheaper.
- You will be able to select the type of car you want to travel in. You can choose a Sedan, SUV, Compact MPV, Minibus or Minivan according to the number of passengers and your preference. The taxis are spacious and will give you luxurious comfort.
- It is cheap to take a taxi rather than a plane.
- It normally takes only 3 hours to reach Hua Hin from Bangkok. The distance seems optimal to travel by taxi actually – the travel time is just right for you to relax and unwind, but not too long and make the ride tedious.
- If you travel by train it will take more than 5 hours. It’s roughly about the same time as the bus. And the plane is not practical given the distance is only about 200 kilometers. It’s too much hassle with the airport checking ins and outs for such short distance.
- There are no stops; so you will reach your destination quickly.
- You will be able to maintain your privacy as there won’t be other passengers.
On average, it will cost about $70 (a bit over 2,000 THB) to go from Bangkok to Hua Hin by taxi. If you take a minibus it will cost $110 or around 3,000 THB. You can book a taxi online or through your hotel. You can also book it on the spot at the taxi rank. If you book through the hotel, you will have to pay 3,000 THB to 6,000 THB for one-way travel to Hua Hin. The distance between Bangkok airport and Hua Hin is more than 200 km. The total journey will take approximately 3 hours. So, by taxi Hua Hin can be reached within a short time.
If you want to experience a small town vibe in Thailand, then you must visit Hua Hin. You will have an adventurous time here with opportunities to surf, ride a horse, or swim. You can experience Thai massage at the Health and Spa centers in Hua Hin. You should take a taxi from Bangkok to Hua Hin if you have children and a lot of luggage. It is also the best choice for aged tourists. Whether you are traveling alone or in a group, you can find a suitable vehicle. From Bangkok airport, you can find the taxi rank on Level 1.
However we don’t recommend using the taxi rank. You can get into a long queue. And the price can be erratic (overcharging is the case too many times, unfortunately). For Hua Hin taxi we highly recommend using Thai Happy Taxi. The company is highly reputable (over 700 excellent TripAdvisor reviews) and is very reliable with fixed pricing. There is no hassle whatsoever. It’s simply the best choice you can have traveling to Hua Hin.