Pull tape is a commonly used tool for the purpose of better cable installation. Pull tape is mainly used by installers to better route the wiring inside and around walls during cable installation. Pull tape is commonly made from polyester, polypropylene, and nylon materials, that gives the tape itself a lightweight and low friction nature.
Advantages of Using Pull Tape for Cable Installationimg source: rhinotools.com.au
While working construction and installation, the more tools and accessories available to you, the easier your job is. That’s the whole purpose of pull tape.
Below you can see some of the benefits, as well as, features to better understand how important pull tape can be.
- Pull tape comes pre-lubricated, which means that completely reduces duck cutting and friction levels
- One important feature of pull tape is lower elongation, which reduces pulling time, offers a safer work environment, and prevents crushed capstans
- Its lightweight proportions make it easily blown through conduit or innerduct
- Pull tapes can be used for a variety of construction purposes, not just cable installation
- Most pull tapes come with precise measurements in meters or inches, enabling accurate pulling for cable installation and completely eliminating the need for measuring tapes while working.
- Most pull tapes also have indicators that measure how much of the pull tape you got left
- The stock will not be a problem, as pull tapes can be packed in packages up to 30km (100.000 ft), making them perfect for bigger jobs
Advantages of PP Rope
Polypropylene rope, or PP rope, is an overall great general-purpose rope, that is suites all kinds of use, both domestic and commercial. These ropes are manufactured in all colors, diameters, and lengths. They are generally very strong and have a lot of advantages as to why you should replace your standard rope with PP rope.
• Tough, best for hard-wearing construction
Polypropylene is a hardy polymer which is the material that these ropes are designed from. This material is quite resistant to most solvents and glues and is woven in a way that it offers both strength and durability. PP rope has a higher melting point than most common polymers, which is best suited for construction purposes because it has higher resistance to heat and friction.
• Great General Use
PP rope is so strong that it can be used for a wide range of tasks, and for a wide range of jobs. PP rope is so strong that it can be used for boating, pulleys, and winches. It’s a great overall rope that can fasten and secure anything, thanks to its sturdy construction and strong polymer.
• Excellent Durability
PP rope is found to be an excellent, long-lasting solution for all your needs, both commercial and domestic. The rope itself is rot-resistant, making it a great tool for long-storage, and long-term jobs. The rope can resist salt water, making it excellent for your fishing trips across the sea.
This is all due to the polypropylene material which is resistant to rotting, soaking, and friction, all while maintaining strength and durability. Want to hear another great thing about PP rope? While most ropes sink when placed in water, PP rope floats. This gives you a huge advantage when sailing since it can be thrown in the water, not get soaked and float on the surface, making it visible due to the wide range of colors available.