Doing regular exercise is important for your physical and mental health and only a few 45-minute workouts a week will do magic. And it doesn’t matter what type of workout you go for – whether its fitness, weightlifting, running, swimming or even yoga you will reap many benefits out of it. The most important thing is that once you begin, you keep to your schedule and even on the laziest day get up and workout.
We know it might be hard going to the gym on a cold and rainy day, and that is why you can create a gym-like environment in your apartment. It isn’t hard, and according to your apartment size, you will be able to pick the essentials and get everything you need for an enjoyable workout. Let’s take a look at the list of the most convenient items/machines for your home gym!
What Should Your Apartment Gym Contain Of
An Exercise Mat. Getting an adequate mat for your workout routine is crucial. Whether its an exact yoga mat, or the one or lifting and stretching as well it is a staple and you will get more than few benefits out of it. First, it will be a comfortable thing to workout on, and the noise you will be making will be minimal. It is convenient and something that you will be spending most of your time on. A good quality workout mat will go a long way, and you can get one for around $30-40.
1. Adjustable Dumbells. Though a rack with dumbells is a thing, you see in the gym so often when thinking of ideas for your apartment home gym it is the best to go for an adjustable dumbbell set. It takes much less space, and you can fit from 5-50 lbs weight on it. Once again these should be that expensive and will go along way in improving your routine.
2. A Step Platform. A thing most women enjoy in the gym is a step machine and getting a platform for your home gym is an excellent choice. This will go very well with your cardio and HITT workouts, and it takes just a few square feet!
3. Resistance Bands. Getting a few resistance band sets should be essential and you will be able to get multiple legs, arm, and chest workouts are done using the same. These are cheap yet so convenient that you are sure to get more than a few!
4. Exercise Balls. An inflatable exercise ball will work great for your lower body workout and still doesn’t take much space as you can deflate it after each exercise session. It is comfy and excellent for stretching and injury prevention as well!
5. Exercise Bike. Last but not least an essential when it comes to ideas for your apartment home gym has to be an exercise You will need a machine to do your cardio on, and the bike is the best choice. It doesn’t take a lot of space and allows you to hit that cardio like never before!
As you can see making your apartment gym isn’t hard at all, and you only need the willpower and a certain amount of money to invest in it. You just need to get a few essentials, and you will never miss a workout again. The convenience and comfortability of working out in your house is something that can’t be beaten!