So you have finally proposed the lady of your life, and she has said YES. Miraculous it is !!! Your wedding date is around the corner, and you are eagerly waiting for the D-Day. An essential part of all the ceremonies associated with your wedding is finding out the right Irish wedding ring. The engagement ring is the official stamp on the fact that both of you belong to each other.
Since your engagement ring is one of a kind, you need to make an effort so that it turns out to be exclusive, extravagant and unique. This guide will help you buy the right Irish engagement ring.
Tips to follow:
- Choosing the right Irish wedding rings – When it comes to choosing the ring, it is essential to consider certain factors. Well, the most common choice is silver. People also opt for platinum or white gold ring. It can either be simplistic like a band, or many people choose for a diamond studded ring. If you are confused between the two, you can opt for all time favorite band-shaped ring which is simple, yet sophisticated.
- Budget- before heading to the type of Irish engagement ring you want for the ceremony, it is important that you must first decide a budget for the same. If silver is your choice, it might come easy on your pocket, whereas if you are opting for a platinum ring with diamonds, you need to shell out some extra bugs. The thumb rule for this is that you should spend 3%-5% of your wedding budget on your rings. If you want to stick to Claddagh ring which is a combo of Celtic sings of unity, the Trinity Knot, and the Claddagh.
- Know your ring– Irish engagement rings are symbolic. The kind of design you choose represents a certain ideology. Here we bring you what exactly the classic Celtic symbol signifies:
- Tree of Life- It shows the interconnection of life and heaven and earth.
- Trinity Knot- It represents sacred geometry
- Claddagh ring- It consists of three symbols: Hands, Heart and Crown. Here hand means friendship, the heart represents love, and a crown is the symbol of royalty.
- Engraved Celtic ring– Apart from the design and symbols on the ring, some people wish to stick to the traditional metallic band where they get certain phrases engraved. Some of the favorite Irish phrase that you can opt for :
- Mo Anam Cara – It means my soul mate- If you wish to showcase your emotion with just a few words, you can go for this phrase.
- Grá Go Deo – It means love forever. It shows that your love to flourish over the years.
- Grá, Dílseacht, Cairdeas – These words means love, loyalty, a friendship which truly represents the essence of marriage.
- Grá Geal Mo Chroí – It means bright love of my heart. If you want to showcase the love your life what she means to you, there is nothing better than getting your wedding ring emblazoned with this phrase.
- Quality of ring- Make sure that while choosing your ring you are not in haste. Often you might encounter selling fake platinum ring which will eventually turn your finger green. So, don’t settle for the cheaper option. Instead, check the quality and the purchase. Look for the manufacturer’s trademark.
- Right size- Purchasing your wedding ring or engagement ring can be a daunting and exhausting task. If you are spending so much time and money, then it is essential that you must choose the right size. Ask your partner to accompany you while buying the ring so that you don’t end up buying the wrong size. You would not want an ill-fitted band slipping on your finger on the D-Day.
- Maintenance of the ring- Well, those glittery and shiny armor on your finger do require maintenance so that it oozes same luster entire life. You must make sure that you should occasionally wash the diamond studded rings with warm water and give it a gentle brushing with a toothbrush or a cleaning brush.
However, if you choose to buy a simple metallic band, then it is easier to maintain. All you need to do is wipe it off with soapy water and then gently rub it with a soft cloth to retain its luster in a longer run.
Wrapping Up- All-in-all wedding rings or engagement rings are a way to show your feelings and emotion to that one person whom you love the most. If you too have your wedding day approaching or are waiting to tell your feelings to the love of your life, don’t wait anymore. Just keep the points as mentioned above into consideration and buy the wedding ring of your choice and let the love blossom between the two of you.