The United Kingdom has always been known for its quality educational services. Most of the students are quite impressed with the standards of educational services the UK has to offer. The UK has attracted a lot of students all across the globe and students are striving to experience educational standards.
However, the very first thing that needs to be looked upon by an international student who wishes to study in the UK is to get a Visa which allows them to stay in the country. The student, who is planning to study in the UK, has to apply for the visa considering their duration of the study. Usually, the one who opts for pursuing graduation, post-graduation, doctoral programs should apply for Tier 4 Visa.
UK Student Visa Types
Tier 4 visa is further divided into 2 categories:
- Tier 4 student visa for General category – This category is for those students who are at least 16 years old and want to pursue their higher education in the UK.
- Tier 4 student visa for Child – Kids in the age of 4 to 15 years wants to continue their further education in the UK then they will have to apply for this category of visa.
UK Student Visa Fees:
The costing of the General Visa application will come around Rs. 31,937. If you want to apply for this category of Visa then you need to complete with the payment which can be done in 3 ways:
- Cash payment at the Visa application center or any other selected branch of Standard Chartered Bank.
- Online payment through Visa Card or MasterCard
- Demand Draft can also be made to make the payment through any selected branches of Standard Chartered Bank.
Documentation plays a major role in applying for a visa. Especially when you are applying for student’s visa, the list of documents you need is quite long when compared to the list of a tourist visa. The documents required for applying student visa are as follows:
- Filled US visa application form
- Valid passport or any other travel document, proof of identity such as national id card, pan card or driving license.
- Acceptance letter and visa letter to be provided by your education service provider in the UK. The visa letter is to be issued within six months of applying for the visa as if the letter is older than 6 months, a visa might be rejected.
- Most importantly proof of the funds. You need to show the money in your accounts which will be inclusive of course fee for the first year of study, living expenses for at least initial 9 months. What will be the amount? Well, that will depend on your course/ college selection. Apart from this, you are also supposed to show the funds which should be sufficient to meet your basic living cost excluding the fees which somewhat comes around 7.5 lacs if you are living in London and if you are living outside then the amount will be around 6.15 lacs for initial 9 months.
- Lastly, you will require visa fees payment confirmation receipt, original mark sheets, payslips, mark sheet of competitive exams like TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, etc.
How To Apply For Student Visa:
For applying the application for a student visa, you need to follow the process as stated below:
- You need to start the process by ensuring that you have been qualified for pursuing your choice of course from school, university or college to intent to study in.
- Ensure the accuracy in your documentation. Prepare all the required documents.
- Apply for the visa online through the official website of UK visa.
- After completing the application process, you need to pay the application fees which can be done via any of the options as stated above.
- The process will end by visiting the visa application centre on the date of appointment. This appointment is to submit your application along with your facial photographs and fingerprints.
Once your application has been submitted, it can be tracked in the following way:
To track UK visa application status, you need passport number or a visa reference number. Recently the government of UK launched an advanced system to check visa application status online.
You will also get a GWF number as soon as you confirm the payment and submit the application form. This number also allows you to track visa through Email or SMS.