The fact is that in the world we are living in, like it or not, we all need money to survive. And while having a stable job is a big thing, as you have a sure sum of monthly incomings, for some people that is not enough to go through the month, while the other simply want to have some fun. There comes the lottery. These fun games make us think that with only a little bit of invested money we are going to become millionaires. That is a nice offer, isn’t it?
The fact is that taking everything into consideration, 10% of people at most came out profiting out of lottery games. Still, we all think that we can be among those, and why wouldn’t be. It is just a matter of chances and huge luck. Now, the online lottery has been a major thing for the past few years, and international websites like sbobet88 do offer a huge diversity of games that you can try yourself out and possibly win some money. On the other hand, the national lottery is a thing for itself – much bigger prizes (up to a billion), but much more competitors as well. Hundreds of thousands of people are trying their luck out each week. And each year comes that one person or a pair that win enough money for them and their children and grandchildren never to work again, but do they really follow through? Let’s see who were the biggest lottery winners and what did they do with that money.
Top 5 Biggest Lottery Winners
- The 2016 $1.58 Billion Powerball. The biggest prize in history was split by three pairs of people. First of them were John and Lisa Robinson, who decided to take $330 Million before the taxes (they want for the lump sum same as the other two pairs, so that is why the 1/3 was $330 Million). To be honest, they acted pretty smartly with their money – okay they bought a $6.2 Million house in Tenessee with some of the best views and a private lake, but still, they got back to work, and the majority of the money is at their savings account. Maureen Smith and David Kaltschmidt an even more fascinating pair that took the same amount of money and decided to remain in there $100 thousand Florida home, and go on as nothing ever happened. That’s how you handle it! Marvin and Mae Acosta the third pair that no one knows a lot about decided to keep their decisions on privacy, but said that they would give a lot of the money to charity. That is really admirable.
- 2017 $758.7 Million Powerball. August 27, 2017, was a day that changed life for one woman – Mavis Wanzyk. She was the sole winner and thus got only half of the sum, but it is still more than enough. She quit her job instantly and said that while on a years break she will see how and what to do next! Good luck Mavis!
- 2013 $590.5 Million Powerball. Gloria MacKenzie a woman that had 84-years at the time has solely won the biggest prize till then. She donated a lot of it to the charity, and $2M to a school in Maine that needed it. Since then, nothing much is known about her as her family demanded privacy on the matter.
- 2018 $1.53 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot. As mentioned before there are numerous websites offering online games like for example the great sbobet88 is – a big offer, as well as an easy withdrawal. And people love it. This year the biggest prize of Mega Millions Jackpot has been won. Just over a month has passed since a person whose identity we don’t know won $1.53 Billion. Though as he is a sole winner he can take just a bit over 50%, but still for him/her that bought their ticket in South Carolina it surely is more than enough (South Carolina allows winners to stay in privacy).
- 2012 $656 Million Mega Millions Jackpot. The Merle and Patricia Butler were the winners of this huge prizes and split it between the two other as well. They took the lump sum at around $157 Million, and have since then built a financial and a legal team to protect them from scammers and advise them on how to act. The other winners wanted to remain unrevealed (The Three Amigos and one individual).
As you can see, though the chances are not that likely, the prizes are winnable and if the lucky star accompanies you try it out yourself! Who knows, maybe you will be the rags-to-riches millionaire!