Sound and audio problems are pretty common for the MacBook systems. If you have recently encountered a sound problem for your MacBook, don’t get disheartened or panic, rather by checking certain things, you can solve this issue. If after taking all the necessary steps, the sound problem persists, you can go to an eminent service f for MacBook speaker repair.
Let’s take a look at how to fix a sound problem for your favourite MacBook system.
- Play something: By playing something from iTunes, you can check whether there is definitely no sound coming from your computer or not. After opening iTunes, you can click and play any of your favourite songs. Once you have pressed the Play button, you can see the bar progressing even if there is no sound.
- Check the volume: Now, you should check whether your system is muted or not. Press the Volume Up button which is located on the F12 key of your keyboard. If this button doesn’t work properly, then click on the volume option in your Menu bar at the top of your MacBook screen.
- Check the app problem: Sometimes, you may found that sound is playing in iTunes but not in Safari. And the reason is sound is turned off in Safari. Now suppose, you are using Safari for watching a video and unfortunately, there is no sound. You may find sound controls in the video window which you need to adjust to get the sound. By default, the video may be muted, and you need to up the volume to hear the sound.
- Restart your MacBook: Very often, by restarting your system, you can solve this issue quickly.
- Check your earphones: Don’t forget to check the socket of your headphone. And also make sure that no earphones are connected to the device. If they are removed from your system, you may clearly hear the sound that is playing through the MacBook’s internal speakers.
- Check your ports: You should disconnect all the devices that are plugged into your MacBook. Not only your audio port (Thunderbolt), HDMI, and USB devices can also be challenging the audio system. Even if a simple cable is plugged into one of those ports, try to remove it from your computer.
- Update your software: Check whether you are using the latest version of MacOS or not. If required, back up all your imperative information and update your software to solve this issue.
- Check hardware issue: Now, you need to check whether there is anything which is plugged into the headphone or the line out port. You can also check if there is a red light on the port or not. If there is a light, then it indicates that there are some problems with the port, or something has blocked within it. If your port is blocked, the MacBook device can be acting as if headphones are plugged in. So, in this case, try to clear the dust or grime by blowing it.
- Restart the sound controller: Now you need to find Open Activity Monitor locate ‘coreaudiod’ from the list of process, then select it and click on the X to quit the process. The process will restart immediately and will fix your issue.
- Reset SMC: Sometimes by resetting System Management Controller, you can get rid of this issue.
So, these are some fruitful tips which will help you to overcome your sound issue. If none of the above-mentioned tips will be unable to solve your problem, then go to a MacBook repair in Delhi and check your system thoroughly.