Having an emotional partner is a beautiful thing and something that can push you and guide you through life’s situations. Still, in the times we are living in things have quite changed and the sense of a relationship between the two is not the same as it once was. Now, we have dating apps that will allow us to get in touch with like-minded people before finally meeting them in person. And when the big day of the first date comes you might get all stressed and anxious – and to be sincere with you, there is no reason for it.
While you might expect a lot from the first date, your best bet is to go there with no prejudice or high expectations. The point of the first date is that you two meet to exchange a couple of topics and see how well your conversation is going. You shouldn’t judge someone by the first date as they, same as you, could have been anxious and didn’t act like their true selves. And while a first date shouldn’t be something you should decide a person on (unless they clearly showed they have no interest or have exhibited certain habits that disgust you) you can still learn something from it. Without further ado, let’s go ahead and take a look at the best questions to ask when on a first date.
Tips For The First Date
The big day has come and it is time that you meet the person with whom you have been chatting for the past few weeks. A lot of questions go through your mind – what should you wear, are you ready for it, what if you don’t have anything to talk about, etc. Still, the approach of overthinking is completely wrong. You should think of the first date as an opportunity to meet your potential soulmate and enjoy yourself – making it dating heaven and not dating hell. Be comfortable, natural and relax – and even if you embarrass yourself in a certain situation (as long as you are not rude) it is fine; at the end dating should be fine, right? With a relaxed approach, you are sure to have a much better time than if you were thinking twice before asking anything.
Questions To Ask When On A First Date
Now, while a first date shouldn’t be a stressful experience it is still an opportunity to learn more about a certain person. There are a few questions you might want to ask and thus enhance your dating experience!
1. A great way to start a conversation is by asking your potential partner what are they passionate about. Now, it is a better question than if you just went out and asked what are their hobbies. This way you will get to know if they are maybe working on a project putting a lot of effort and time in it, and learn more about certain traits they possess like dedication, confidence, and courage.
2. Along with that, from a simple question asking what is the best present they ever gave, you can learn a lot. Their answer will let you know what type of a person they might be – are they a conventional person buying gifts like perfumes, books, and clothes that are a no-miss; or are they may be more of a risk-takers going for custom gifts to show how much they appreciate that person.
3. Ask them to describe their day. Now, don’t make it look like you are interviewing them, instead, let it be a comfortable conversation starting topic. Through their answer you will get to see if they are early rises, how do they enjoy their free time, and learn about other habits that might be relevant to you.
4. Ask them about what do they look for in a good friend; they will usually name you an example and you will get to know what kind of people surround your potential partner.
5. Last but not least be adventurous and pose an interesting topic to debate – for example, let it be a quote from a certain book or something you read on the newest discussion points.
The above-mentioned questions are just some that should be comfortable to ask and potentially learn a lot from. Still, there is no need to make a list on what you should ask them; let the first date be an enjoying experience and the topics will come with the flow!