With the advancement and industrialisation number of workers along with a number of accidents in the industry each day. The accidents occurring in the industry are less because of actual fires or the explosions but the burns are more as a result not wearing standard work clothes. Your life is above everything. If you are a person who is working in flammable conditions you should wait for no law to make you take a step for your self-protection rather you must yourself be conscious about it.
Flame resistant clothes are just like the overcoats to be worn over your regular clothes that in no way make the person uncomfortable. If the workers in the industries start wearing FR Shirts, then most of the accidents can be easily avoided. The flame resistant clothing has several benefits as the material has various safeguarding properties. If you want to know why FR clothing is essential then continue reading the blog below.
Top-Notch Reasons to Wear FR Clothing
Flame Resistant Clothing must be a preferred choice for the workers in the industry because of the following reasons:
- The FR clothing material possesses self-extinguishing properties. In the case of fire, it diminishes the severity of injury by reducing the flame and providing enough time to the victim to escape.
- The best FR clothing is made of quality material which is the most appropriate and cost-effective way to protect the employees in your industry. It does not expose the skin in the condition of fire and the chances of survival are enhanced.
- FR clothing is highly durable. You don’t have to replace it again and again like the clothing which is not made up of Flame resistant material. It stays the same for a much longer period.
- Use of FR clothing may initially seem to be expensive but if you consider the overall investment it is highly cost effective. It helps you to save your money in all the ways. If you consider the cost of injury, treatment, replacement of clothes, again and again, it is going to be a way more ahead.
- FR material is the best fit from the point of view of a working environment. The flame resistant material does not melt into the skin and provides the best insulation from heat.
The above-mentioned reasons clearly state the reasons you need to carry FR Clothing when you think from industry and employee protection perspective. However, if you want to talk about rules, regulations and standards take into consideration below mentioned key-points:
- As per OSHA Maintenance Standards, General Duty Clause and Process Safety Management Regulation it is mandatory for the people working near an electric arc or petrochemical exposure to wear Flame Resistant clothes.
- The stand performance specification of ASTM also states the use of flame-resistant material for employees working in the conditions that may be prone to catch fire.
- NFPA is also a regulatory body that sets the industry standards. It has several rules regarding purchasing, storage, repairs and much more. It also supports the use of Flame resistant costumes for employees and is yet to disclose the exact standards for the same. NFPA will then be the first regulatory body, in the US to have clear rules and regulations for use of flame-resistant clothing that would be in all the ways beneficial for safety and protection of workers.
The use of Flame Resistant clothing in all the ways is profitable from all the aspects. No matter you think it from a employee or an employer point of view. It saves lots of time, money and above all the life of the people.