You already have a smartphone to make your calls. Why buy another phone just to make business calls? This could be too much and with two phones you will never ever raise your head to look around.
All you need is an awesome business phone number to use on your existing phone. This is a breeze with a virtual phone number. There are several types of numbers you can choose from. These include:
• Virtual international numbers
• Local numbers
• Toll-free numbers
• Vanity numbers
Since the provider you choose will host all the telecommunications infrastructure in the cloud, you don’t have to foot the bill for dedicated hardware or expensive software. Neither do you have to worry about set-up costs, long contracts, or penalties? Furthermore, because cloud telecommunications services buy numbers in bulk from telecom companies, you will be able to choose one that’s perfect for your business.
Why Your Business Needs and Awesome Phone Number
Aside from your company website, your business phone number is your first point-of-contact for your customers, so it’s vital that you have a number that fits the bill. You don’t have to settle for a random number; you can choose your number so that you can make sure you have one which fits your business practically and aesthetically.
Choosing Between Local or Toll-Free
When you’re picking a customizable phone number, your first choice will be whether you want to go local or toll free. There are a couple of factors to consider before you decide. Think about what type of impression you want to give your callers. For example, do you want them to think that you’re a local neighborhood company or do you want them to think you are a larger national company? Obviously, if you choose the former, a local number will work, and for the latter, a toll free number would be better.
The most recent addition to the toll free number prefixes is 833. There are many benefits of having a toll free number. These include:
• Improved customer satisfaction: Customers will appreciate the fact that they can contact your business whenever they want, without having to pay for the call. The easier it is for your customers to reach you, the more likely it is that they will remain loyal.
• Increased credibility: Toll free numbers aren’t just for global corporations and large companies. They are just as suitable for small businesses. Having a toll free number enhances your company’s image and gives you more credibility.
• Guaranteed portability: When you buy a toll free number, your location is irrelevant. You can be reached by your customers wherever you are, even when you are traveling. You can easily have your calls forwarded to any other number, and your customers won’t even know. What’s more, your toll free number is yours to keep, even if you switch to a different service provider.
• A great marketing tool: A toll free number is a great way for you to track your marketing metrics. This is because it allows you to create extensions. You can use a different extension for each of your different marketing strategies. That way, it becomes easy for you to see which of your strategies are working and which ones need to be refined. As a result, your toll free number can help you increase your revenue.
Would Your Business Benefit from a Vanity Number?
A vanity number is a local or toll free number which uses letters to represent the digits of a number. The word is usually related to the business who owns the number — for example, 1-800-FLOWERS or 1-800-CONTACTS. The main benefit of having one is that they are so easy to remember, they can be a vital part of your marketing strategy. A vanity number is also a great way to advertise your business. The downside is that because vanity numbers have been in use for so long, many of the best ones have already been taken. This means it can be tricky to find one that is suitable for your business. And if you get one that is similar to someone else’s, you risk your customers misdialing it and moving on to one of your competitors.
Make Your Awesome Phone Number Easy to Remember
There are other ways to make your number easy to remember other than with vanity numbers. You can have a memorable number by choosing one which has a catchy sequence of digits, such as 1-800-9191 or 1-888-4555. You stand a much better chance of getting this than finding the perfect vanity number. Since the number is easy and visible, there’s less chance that customers will misdial it. It’s best to look for a number which has as many repeating digits or patterns as possible.
Global Call Forwarding is a service provider for virtual international, toll free, local, and vanity numbers. Call Global Call Forwarding today and let our experts help you find an awesome phone number for your business.