Some people say that living together before marriage leads to failed relationships or divorce down the line, and others think that it should be a kind of audition or test run for marriage.
I think both of these are way off! When you move in together for the right reasons — love, commitment to each other, or simply because you like being together all the time — then there are plenty of perks to sharing a place. I have been living with my boyfriend for years and can’t imagine going back!
Here’s a list of some of the best parts of living with your significant other.
1. You have a roommate, best friend, and partner to come home to every night — all in one person.
2. It’s easier to cook for two than for one.
3. Someone is there to bring you flowers and the toilet paper when you run out.
4. Rent is cheaper if you’re splitting a room. This either means you get to save money or upgrade to a nicer apartment while paying the same price — both good things!
5. You get to learn fun, intimate details that you may not have otherwise. Who knew they liked their socks folded that way?
6. You learn how to fight fair. You don’t have the luxury of storming out and going home — you’re already there. This means you have to really work it out and communicate; otherwise things will be pretty uncomfortable in that little apartment.
7. Division of labor! Cat puked again? It’s his turn to clean it. Trash day? One can grab recycling, and the other can get the garbage so it’s done in one trip.
8. Both of you save on bills.
9. You get to spend more time together, with less effort. No commute required!
10.Feel like bingeing on Netflix instead of going out? You have a partner in crime who won’t judge — they’ll join.
Original by: Pop Sugar