White Hat SEO is an expression that covers all methods that operate with the expectations and riles of search engines and its users. If you are not trying to undermine, outsmart, or trick the search engine’s ranking algorithm, that what you are doing is white hat. In this article, you will be able to read about the best SEO strategies that you can use to boost the ranking and traffic of your website. Let’s take a look:
Strategies for White Hat SEO
Various strategies will help your business thrive, however, the best ones include:
1. Keyword Research – the heart of any SEO plan is actually keyword research. Without the research and the correct usage of it, creating content that would rank well is quite impossible. When doing research, business owners and SEOs need to consider the users’ search intent for any keyword, hence, they will need to target it accordingly. These keywords should be implemented within the content and a range of on-page factors.
2. Quality Content – by using the keyword you choose during your research, the content needs to be created to start ranking the keyword. Like with choosing a keyword, creating content also need to be focused on the users’ intention. You will need to consider what type of content the person will search for by using that keyword. According to the experts from Content SME, the content you post should be well-organized, lengthy, and optimized with images, internal links, and other things that might keep the users interested.
3. Inbound Links – another important part of SEO is inbound links, also known as backlinks. These links (which are links on other websites that direct users to your website) build the page and domain authority of your site, which is a big ranking factor for search engines – mostly Google. In building backlinks, there are both black and white hat strategies, hence, you should be careful in your strategy. Submitting your site to online directories, requesting guest blogs on similar websites, and commenting on articles and blogs that are related to your industry are all ways to get backlinks.
4. On-Page Optimization – as previously mentioned, creating quality content is not the only thing you will need to use your keywords. On-page factors such as meta descriptions, title tags, image alt text, and header tags should also include the keywords as well. Of course, you should not only pay attention to the keywords. You will also have to be descriptive in these areas since these factors are the ones sending signals to the search engines. Adding internal links on various pages is also a good strategy since it helps visitors navigate their way through the website and allows them to click on relevant pages.
5. Off-Page Optimization – this type of optimization is geared towards those factors that are not on your website, but affects it. This could include ensuring that a consistent name, address, and phone numbers (NAP) is across all directories or maintaining a strong social media presence across multiple platforms. Both of these strategies can provide you with amazing results. Especially social media platforms that can allow businesses to boost their online presence while providing them with a way yo communicate and engage with their audience.
As you were able to read from this article, white hat SEO provide great opportunities for businesses looking to rank in the search engines results, grow their website, and naturally gain traffic to the website as a result. Keep in mind that the strategies described above are a great starting point for businesses that just got involved in the world of SEO.