A motor vehicle accident can happen because of several reasons such as carelessness of the driver, poor roads, distracted driving, bad weather and others. No matter what the reason is, you need to take the necessary steps so that your losses can be minimized. They can cause severe consequences including injuries and damages. The medical bills and costs associated with the losses can make you financially drained. That’s why, it is important to get in touch with an attorney to file a claim for compensation. If you are confused at any stage, you should get in touch with a motor vehicle accident lawyer with a good experience in a similar field. Many people make several mistakes while filing a claim. Hence, contacting an attorney can save you from such hassles. He will ensure that the right kind of claim along with the supporting documents is submitted to the insurance company. Before you file a claim, it is important to read more about what these accidents are all about.
Motor vehicle accidents due to the fault of drivers
There are several incidents when accidents happen because of the mistake of the drivers. You might be following all the traffic rules and laws while driving on the road. However, you may get injured because someone else did not act responsibly and followed these rules. They can make several mistakes at the time of driving and some of them are elaborated on below:
- Distracted driving- If the driver does not set his eyes on the road, he is likely to hit others. For effective driving, it is strongly recommended that the driver’s focus should be on the road only. In case, he does not follow all the traffic rules by looking at the signboards, he will injure others as well. This way, any vehicle, pedestrian and others come your way at the time of driving and get injured badly. In such cases, the driver will be held responsible for the injuries and losses. Besides that, animals such as cattle may come your way all of a sudden and hit your vehicle. It can cause a huge loss to your vehicle and you will receive severe injuries. To avoid this, you should always pay attention to your driving.
- Aggressive drivers- If the speed of the car is more than the pre-defined speed limit, many people including properties may get injuries and damage. This is one of the most common reasons for a motor vehicle accident. The speed limit is defined for drivers so that they don’t drive at a higher speed, which is the major reason for road accidents. In such a scenario, you will have no control over your vehicle and hit people, property, animal or anything that come your way. Whether you are driving on the highway or within the city, you should check the speed limit and adhere to it religiously.
- Drunken driving- If the driver has taken alcohol and drug at the time of driving, he will hurt others on the road. If the person is under the influence of such products, he loses his ability to think and act wisely. That’s why, he will not be able to control his vehicle when driving. Apart from this, vehicles and people on the road will suffer a lot if it is a case of drunken driving. According to laws, all states consider this kind of driving a crime and the driver may have to pay fines along with penalties such as cancellation of driving license and imprisonment.
Auto accidents that are not caused due to drivers
What if, there is no driver involved in the accident? In many cases, the accident does not happen because of the mistake of drivers. However, the conditions are not favorable in such a manner that the person faces problems while driving and hence, get injured. No matter how careful we act on the road. Sometimes, we come across unseen circumstances. Some of them can be explained below:
- Bad weather– Due to slippery roads, the car may twist and injure the driver, passengers and others on the road. For instance, if it has snowed or rained and you have fog all around you. You might not be able to drive properly in such a condition. It is suggested to check the weather conditions before planning your trip. Checking the forecast on Google can help you in a great manner.
- Broken roads and railings– If the road is broken or poorly maintained having pit holes, you are likely to get badly injured in a car accident. These roads can be unseen but you can get an idea on GPS. It shows you the busy roads. You can also check the best paths to follow when driving. In this type of accident, even if the driver is driving carefully, he can still get injured in a car accident.
- Condition of the car– it has been observed that an accident may occur if you don’t maintain your car properly. The engine oil may not be properly filled, the tire may get burst while driving and others. It is suggested to repair and maintain your car on a regular basis.
- Other unseen circumstances- The brakes of the car may fail, the airbag does not open when it should and in any other condition, the driver may be injured because the car may not function properly. These conditions are always unknown and we cannot predict when we come across them. That’s, it is suggested to stay alert when driving and try to follow all traffic rules.
If you are going to file a motor vehicle claim with an insurance company, you should hire a suitable lawyer beforehand. He can review your case and make it stronger with the help of supporting documents. Moreover, he ensures that there are no errors in the claim leaving no room for rejection. You can find a good one by comparing a few of them online.