With the Covid-19 Pandemic inspiring social distancing norms, most social activities have migrated into the digital sphere. As a result, high speed internet services are now deemed even more crucial than they were before. In fact, according to a study that was recently conducted by the Pew Research Center, the percentage of Americans who believe that the internet is an essential service has now risen to 53%. Additionally, the percentage of Americans who believe that it is an important service (as opposed to essential) now stands at 34%.
With this growing trend, people have now begun to rekindle older discussions regarding the digital divide and how it is slated to impact not only professionals but also students who may not have internet services to aid their schoolwork. In an effort to address this digital gap, Donald Trump recently spoke about how ensuring high-speed internet connectivity is going to be a crucial part of the economic packages that Americans can expect in the future.
It’s interesting to note that between April 7th – 12th, the Center’s American Trends Panel conducted a survey to ascertain how many Americans believe that it is the government’s responsibility to ensure that everyone has access to the internet. Out of 4,917 participants (all adults), 62% of people believed that it was not the federal government’s responsibility to do so, particularly during the Covid-19 pandemic when the government should be focusing on larger issues.
9 Out Of 10 Americans Firmly Believe That the Internet Is an Essential Service During the Pandemic!
With social activities migrating online, it’s natural to see an increase in internet usage throughout the country. From staying connected with loved ones to accessing streaming content and fulfilling entertainment needs, it has certainly proved to be a blessing during the pandemic. 87% of adults in America have stated that the internet was quite important for them, on a personal level, while 53% of these people maintained their belief that it is an essential service. A small percentage of Americans – 13% – believe that the internet did not bring them any advantages or value during the pandemic.
Lack of Internet Can Affect Your Child’s Performance in School!
With social distancing norms in place, most schools all over the country remain shut, with classes now being conducted online through video conferencing services. As a result, children who do not have access to high-speed internet (or even basic one for that matter) stand to lose out on their education. Various government policymakers have, therefore, begun to discuss the importance of subscribing to home internet services with their constituents. Having said that, there are many parents who believe that it is not their responsibility to ensure that their children have access to digital classrooms.
In fact, 37% of parents believe that as far as K-12 education is concerned, the onus to provide children with laptops and tablets to be able to access their digital classrooms is on the schools. Additionally, 43% of parents believe that while the school must offer laptops and tablets to students, it should only do so to the students who cannot afford these services. That makes a total of 80% of parents who believe that schools need to take responsibility for the education of their children. Only 19% of parents believe that the responsibility lies with them instead.
However, parents are also concerned about the fact that children are bound to lag behind in their studies due to the coronavirus outbreak. In fact, one in five parents who have children studying from home believe that this new system is going to disrupt their child’s learning. At least 22% of these parents blame this lack of learning on the fact that they have to use public Wi-Fi services, while others believe it’s the lack of appropriate gadgets that will interfere with the child’s education.
This percentage of parents grows larger when one looks at low-income families, with 40% of parents stating that their reliance on public Wi-Fi networks will hinder their child’s education.
Many Americans Are Worried About Whether They Can Pay Their Broadband Bills!
It is also important to note that with unemployment steadily on the rise, 28% of homeowners with high-speed internet are unsure of their ability to pay the bills, while 30% of smartphone owners are also worried about their ability to pay internet bills. The need of the hour is, therefore, high-speed internet services that are available at affordable prices.
Fast Internet Is Essential for Employees Working from Home!
Thanks to social distancing, the latest trend within the employment sector is the work-from-home trend. With employees now having to meet their professional demands from home, having high-speed internet is essential. Additionally, with many Americans joining the gig economy, high-speed home internet continues to grow as an essential service.
Should You Get Spectrum Internet for Your Home?
With the need for high-speed internet on the rise, it is important to identify the right service providers. Spectrum Internet is one of the leading names when it comes to delivering fast speed. Charter Spectrum Internet pricing is affordable for most families. Charter Communications manages to do this because they offer a range of different packages to suit consumers from all income groups. According to this site, Charter Spectrum is going to withstand the COVID-19 recession.
Subscribing to a Spectrum Internet package can help you by:
- Ensuring your child has access to high-speed internet so that he/she can attend online classes as well as conduct the required research for homework assignments and projects.
- Making sure all your entertainment needs are met by providing internet speed that’s fast enough to stream content online so that you never get bored while stuck at home.
- Giving you access to Spectrum’s Bundle Packages, that offer cable and mobile services together at prices that are lower than what you’d pay if you got these services separately.
- Delivering home Wi-Fi services (at an additional $5 per month), along with a free modem and router that you can rent. Through these services, you can connect up to five different wired gadgets (like gaming consoles, smart TVs or laptops) along with connecting devices through the wireless network. The biggest advantage of doing so is that your child can enjoy high-speed internet for schoolwork, even when you are busy downloading game updates or streaming content while using the wired network.
- Offering a range of packages to suit your budget so that you never have to compromise on the internet quality.
- Doing away with data caps so that you don’t have to worry about the internet speeds decreasing substantially (or the service stopping altogether) once you exceed a certain amount of data usage. This can be particularly helpful for people with multiple children at home who must access the internet to facilitate their studies. This is also a boon for avid gamers and people who love to stream content online to do away with their boredom.
- Offering free antivirus software so that you don’t have to worry about your safety online. This not only protects your vital data but also prevents your gadgets’ software from sustaining damage due to a deadly cyber virus. Do note that most antivirus software can be rather costly, which is why this free software can be a huge benefit for people who are already concerned about their broadband bills.
As you can see, it certainly makes a lot of sense to get yourself a Spectrum Internet package during this pandemic.
What Are the Packages Offered By Spectrum Internet?
Have a look at the table below to understand what Spectrum Internet offers at different price points:
|Spectrum Internet Plan||Internet Speed||Price (for 12 months)|
|Spectrum Internet||Up to 100 Mbps||$ 49.99/month|
|Spectrum Internet Ultra||Up to 400 Mbps||$ 69.99/month|
|Spectrum Internet Gig||Up to 940 Mbps||$ 109.99/month|
As you can see, you can expect high-speed internet no matter what your budget is. If you’re curious to know more, all you need to do is get in touch with a customer care representative from Spectrum Internet and clear all the doubts you may have regarding this service.
Keep in mind (in case you’re already in a contract with another service provider) if you want to switch over to Spectrum Internet, the company will buy out the contract (up to $ 500). Don’t feel as though you’re stuck with an incompetent service provider!
This one is a great service to consider, especially during this pandemic wherein it’s quite hard to meet both professional and personal demands without the internet. From scoring a few freelancing gigs to make ends meet to ensuring that your children can keep up with their school work, Spectrum Internet can help you in all fronts.
Say goodbye to slow, and hello to greater connectivity with Spectrum Internet from Charter Communications.