In a perfect world, you would not have a schedule when you need to write an essay or you would not have to write one at all, however, that is not the world we live in. During your high school or university years, you will need to write essays and for most of them, you will have a deadline set by your teachers or professors.
If you are struggling with an essay, this article might help you a little bit with that. In the text below, you will be able to learn some tricks for efficiently and effortlessly completing an essay. Let’s take a closer look at the tricks:
- Tips And Tricks For Writing an Essay
- 1. There is a Structure That You Should Follow
- 2. Have The Right Mindset
- 3. Look For Inspiration And Ideas
- 4. Avoid Distractions
- 5. When You Research, Think About What Makes The Subject Fun
- 6. You Should Write The Body at The Beginning
- 7. It Should be “Brief”
- 8. It Is Okay to Take Breaks
- 9. Do Not Cheat!
Tips And Tricks For Writing an Essay
If you are writing an essay for the first time, the first tip will be about how it should look like and what it should include. The rest of the tips are will help you get out of a creative block, as well as give you some ideas on how you can proceed with the writing. The things you should remember include:
1. There is a Structure That You Should Follow
The first thing you should know is that there is a structure to follow. Your essay should feature:
– An Introduction – depending on how long it needs to be, the introduction should either be 1 or 2 paragraphs long. It is the most important part of the essay since it will help the reader understand what they will be reading about.
– The Thesis – a lot of individuals do not understand what a thesis is. It is an argumentative claim that is stated in the last sentence of your introduction. You will need to write about what you think about the problems, as well as the main things you will write in the body.
– The Body – this part is the essence of the article. Each paragraph should focus on one fact from the thesis and there should be opening sentences that show what you will talk about in each paragraph.
– The Conclusion – you should be careful here since you will not want to add new information. Summarize what you wrote and repeat the thesis, but with different words.
2. Have The Right Mindset
Before starting, it is important for you to get into the right mindset. You might be overwhelmed or scared about not having enough time or you might feel like you will fail even though you did not even start yet. However, in order to succeed, you must get rid of those negative thinking.
3. Look For Inspiration And Ideas
There are various resources online that you can use including websites that will allow you to download samples, hence, you can use those resources for getting inspired or learning what direction your article should take. These websites will allow you to view a wide range of sample articles on various topics, hence, you can rest assured that you will find one that will help you with your writing. If you want some inspiration or ideas, you should check out StudentShare.
4. Avoid Distractions
Procrastination is your biggest enemy when writing an essay, so, you should definitely turn off your smartphone. Also, you should find a quiet, comfortable place where you can write without people walking around and talking. By doing so, you will be able to spend a couple of hours writing it without even realizing it. If you cannot stay away from social media platforms, there are browser add-ons that will keep you off them for the time period you choose.
5. When You Research, Think About What Makes The Subject Fun
Most individuals think about what their professor would want to read, hence, they focus on that instead of focusing on what they consider fun and interesting about their essay topic. If you did your research, but found nothing that appeals to you, you are not researching hard enough. Topics like geography, world history, culture, and science are incredibly surprising and interesting, so, there will probably be at least something that you find interesting.
6. You Should Write The Body at The Beginning
The hardest thing that you will need to write is the introduction since you will try to summarize the entire article before you have written anything on the topic. That is why you will want to write the body first because you will be able to learn more about the topic. Once you have done that, you will have no problem with writing the introduction, and then finally, the conclusion.
7. It Should be “Brief”
When writing, you will not have a lot of time for long sentences, hence, you should keep it brief. Your sentences should be to the point and they should provide the necessary information. Keeping it concise will allow you to express yourself better.
8. It Is Okay to Take Breaks
Although this sounds like a bad idea – especially if your deadline is approaching – taking a break from time-to-time can actually help you stay focused and it will also allow you to have some rest. Of course, you should not be taking breaks every five minutes, but you could, for example, work for one or two hours, and then take a break for about 10 minutes. You might notice that you are more productive if you do this.
9. Do Not Cheat!
Now, by cheating, I am talking about you using usual tricks that students use to trick their teachers/professors into thinking that their articles are longer than they actually are. They often do this by making the margins wider, choosing a bigger font, or by using a wider line spacing. Do not think that they will not notice this – and keep in mind, it will definitely make them angry!
The tricks from this article will make writing an essay easier and less time-consuming. Hence, now that you know how to get out of that creative block, do not waste any more time and start/finish your essay!