Face serum is a skincare product that is used after cleansing.
A serum works best when it is applied to clean skin. You need to ensure your skin is free from dead cells so that the serum can penetrate lays where it can be effective and not just sit on top of your skin.
You should apply face serum at least twice a day. This should be the first products to be applied on the face to moisturize and tone the skin. Usually, the application should be in the morning and at night before bedtime.
Most of the serum bottles are small in size. However, they generally last longer, it is preferable to apply serum using two or three fingers as to avoid wasting the serum, apply thoroughly and massage so as to enter into the skin.
Step by step process on how to apply serum for best results
1st step: cleanse first
2nd step: consider a toner
3rd step: use a fingertip to apply serum
4th step: massage till they penetrate the skin
5th step: finish off with a natural moisturizer
Choosing the right serum for your skin
Now let’s see the right serum to use, they are numerous and various type of face serum depending on the skin complexion and the ingredients found in the serum that can provide different functions and benefits on the skin. Adopting facial serum seem intimidating at first because of the heavy price tag on the product. But if we want to be sure of what serum to use, it is advisable to visit a dermatologist for better advice on what serum to use, and the number of applications daily, since they are some serum that contains very powerful ingredients that could cause irritation and harm to the skin because of the wrong choice.
You now have a clear picture and an idea on face serum, from the meaning, and the application and how to go about making the right choice. Now let’s go to our main objectives, let’s look at some of those interesting benefits of using face serum.
8 Benefits of Face Serum
Face serum hydrate skin and solve skin problems. It comes with many benefits:
- Face serum eliminates dry skin and keep skin hydrated
- When used regularly, it lightens a dull complexion to become bright and smoothens the skin.
- Using the facial serum on a regular basic can give your skin a firmer, smoother texture, and pores appear smaller and increase moisture level.
- It stimulates cell growth and brings new skin cells to the surface, brightening your skin, it is the main ingredient in keeping your skin young.
- Face serum can improve the elasticity of your skin by entering the inner dermal layers and boost the production collagen by hydrating the skin. It also produces Vitamins C and E for which affect noticeable age reversal.
- If you use regularly, you will notice that the size of the open pores is reduced, which means fewer blackheads and whiteheads.
- Facial serum is a thick-ish liquid and good absorbent. These are very good for the skin especially after the skin got exposed to the sun during summer and needs moisture.
- The silky texture of face serum comes from elements like Glycerin, and silicone.
Incorporate face serum into your beauty routine and say hello to beautiful and youthful skin.