Digital marketing in recent years has impacted the marketing process of various organizations. Most of the marketers feel that they never witnessed such massive changes in their strategy and execution process before the advent of digital marketing. With further evolution of new technologies and innovative trends getting adapted rapidly, we can expect some significant disruptions in the entire marketing industry.
Watch out for the below digital marketing trends which are going to affect the industry in 2019.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intelligence with machine learning will drive the digital marketing industry. The tools such as natural language processing (NLP), machine learning, and predictive analysis will assist AI to revolutionize the digital marketing industry.
Marketers have implemented AI for the following purposes:
- Audience expansion- 43%
- Product recommendations-28%
- Campaign optimization-26%
- Audience targeting- 39%
Artificial intelligence helps in analyzing the marketing trends, which further supports the marketers in leveraging the marketing process through automated services thus saving time and resources. AI is getting integrated fast with digital marketing by narrowing down the focus for targeting the right audience. With accurate analysis and prediction, artificial intelligence is paving the path for a new and incredible marketing platform to be used by the marketers.
- Voice Search: As per the survey, by 2023, almost 30% of the web search will be done without touching the screen which includes 50% through voice search. Voice search has improved the user experience of search engines by providing accurate, convenient and faster results. The search process removes the traditional search engine results and supports optimized web pages in its search results. For this reason, marketers are making their sites compatible with voice search for users to view their sites first. The landscape of digital marketing is going to change in the coming years, and voice search will be one of the key contributing factors to accelerate this change.
- Video Marketing: There has been a steady rise in the video content of being used in the marketing strategy of organizations. Marketers are using it to promote their services and product to a wide audience. Video content catches the attention of potential customers within no time. Moreover one can see that such video content does not have any high production value and is easily comprehensible by the viewer. In the coming years, one can expect marketers to spend more on video marketing for getting the best business outcome.
- Chatbots: Extensive usage of chatbots got started in 2016, and it is still going strong as per the prediction report from Gartner, which stated that by 2023, almost 85% of the customer interactions would not involve humans.
This puts the focus on chatbots which is the facilitator for automated interactions with the customer. It will provide many companies with seamless and faster customer service. Along with automation marketing, it is going to serve the social media platform with more efficiency. Customers will be getting the right information at the right time without waiting for human agents. The conversational interface of the chatbots is at the development stage and is already helping companies in answering the frequently asked questions by the customer. Chatbots will help businesses save up to $8 billion per year.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is used for branding, direct sales, activation, generating traffic, engagement, and acquisition of new customers. According to Pew Research, 84% of the Americans use the internet, with email marketing being the most affordable choice for the marketers is increasingly being used in the digital marketing strategy. Digital marketing along with email marketing will help in sending personalized messages to the potential customers for promoting brand and product. InfoClutch is one of the leading email marketing service providers which has been serving customers around the world. The solutions are available in both pre-built and customized format as per the business requirements of each customer.
Conclusion: With rising expectations, trends and exciting developments we will be seeing evolving marketing trends in the coming years which can have the positive impact on all the industries. These latest digital marketing trends will change the course of the marketing structure across the world. Marketers will witness incredible growth in traffic and quality leads from their sites.
We should keep in mind technology keeps changing, and new ones get introduced for the growth of the business, we should be smart enough to tap this opportunity for our benefit before the other one gets introduced. We are at the crossroads of major developments where the obsolete marketing strategies have to be discarded to pave the path for new ones. Digital marketing will keep up the pace with the new technologies and optimize the entire marketing process. A better marketing process means a better business outcome.
Be prepared for the coming years to see “HOW” digital marketing and businesses go hand-in-hand.