Mixing in music is not an easy task. Only professional or experienced mixers know how to handle the highs and lows of music. Most beginners are often told what they should be doing, but what they most worry here is what they should not be doing. No more worries about this. Mrmixandmaster.com can make beginner master on mixing in music. Beginners along with the professional can go on with the mastered instructions anytime anyway.
“Should I be doing this? Did I do it right? Is this the right thing to do?” These are some significant questions that keep popping up in the minds of many kinds of music mastering mixes even if they have some previous experience. Well, it is not strange at all to have such questions in mind.
The perfect blend of the great mix comes with experience, and until then you will keep questioning your skill. Mastering the skills of mixing is not simple, but remembering what not to do is!
So here are seven things that you should not do when trying to make your mixed music.
- No editing: Although great mixes come from perfectly blending few perfect soundtracks, that didn’t mean you should not edit the entire record. Although you get the songs from the right source but not modifying the ones compiled is wrong. You cannot expect the mix to be perfect t on its own, right! So next time do not forget to edit the mix ones you are done mixing.
- Leaving no scope for mastering: Although your job is mixing and mastering is something different yet when you combine you should keep in mind the process of mastering as well. Leave enough space or room for mastering in your mix. It will help significantly when your track goes for mastering and make it easier for the mastering engineer to perfect your track.
- Listen to the compressor: The EQ and the compression are the two essential parts of the mix you create. Never play the fool with the twiddle knob, you can’t keep twisting and turning aimlessly to get something interesting on it. That’s a big mistake, and you should never do it. Great mixers know the technicalities of troubleshooting the compression and so must you.
- Understating the drums: Yes, that is one thing that everyone misses or doesn’t do it right enough when mixing. Your drums play a crucial role in the mix, and you should play enough attention towards them, although hardly people will notice changes in the drums, they are like magic, it’s there yet no one sees, but when it’s not there, something is missing.
- Overemphasize the presents: That’s something no good mixer should do. Although most great mixers use currents but they exactly know what to do with it, just a little tweak, that’s it and done.
- Busses and groups are not used: If you want to create a simple mix without overdoing, the best thing is to use buses and groups that most of the beginners don’t do. It’s simple, use routing at the time when you lot of or group of instruments and then very tactfully sedate them using the bus.
- Using inserts and sent incorrectly: Stop this common mistake that even most mature mixing people make. It is important not to use the same parameters on the send as you have used on the reverb.
We hope you have understood what not to do here and it will help you create a good mix.