As a man, you might not put a lot of time or think into personal grooming, but in reality, it’s important. When you’re well-groomed, you’re going to feel more confident and make a better first impression.
There are some tools you should always have on-hand as part of your grooming supplies to make things easy and efficient.
The following are the essential grooming tools for every man.
1. Nose Hair Trimmer
As suggested by productdiggers.com, nose hair trimmer usually also doubles as an ear hair trimming, and for some men, this is the most important tool in their grooming and self-care arsenal.
A nose and ear hair trimmer can help you look sharp and fresh in a matter of minutes. A few things to consider when choosing one of these grooming tools include:
• Look for one that’s painless. A good trimmer should have sharp blades that trim without pulling hairs out.
• Specific uses: Specialized nose hair trimmers are available—for example, you can choose an option that can be used in the shower and can safely get wet.
• Cleaning: You need to regularly clean your nose trimmer, so look for one with built-in cleaning features for the most convenience.
• Skin type: If you have sensitive skin, look for a trimming tool with stainless steel, hypoallergenic blades.
Something to keep in mind with nose hairs—they do serve a purpose. They keep you from inhaling dirt and things from the air, so don’t take them away altogether, but instead, just keep them looking neat and tidy.
Even when you have a great nose hair trimmer, you should still keep a set of tweezers on-hand as well. Slanted tweezers work especially well because they’re good for grooming your eyebrows no matter the size of the hairs. You might also want to keep a pointed-tip pair too so that you can get splinters and ingrown hairs with ease.
3. Electric Beard Trimmer
You should have a basic, standard razor, but you should also get an electric trimmer. When you have an electric trimmer, you can sculpt your beard if it’s long, or if you have shorter facial hair, it can be used to keep your neckline smooth. You can also use it in other areas aside from your face and neck.
Think about the following when you’re choosing an electric beard trimmer:
• Quality construction: As is the case with your nose hair trimmer, you want your beard trimmer to be high-quality as far as how it’s constructed and what it’s made from. Look for a beard trimmer with stainless steel blades and a good grip.
• Length options: When you choose an electric beard trimmer, it should come with adjustable combs that attach to the trimmer so you can choose your cutting length. You will likely want varying options.
• Dry or wet: Do you like to trim before you take a shower, during, or after? If you like to do it in the shower, choose a trimmer for wet styling. There are also options that will do both wet and dry styling.
4. Electric Toothbrush
Your teeth go a long way as far as improving your appearance if you take care of them.
You want a toothbrush that cleans your teeth well and also does so efficiently. It’s important to brush twice a day, and make sure you’re brushing for long enough. An electric toothbrush can be a good option because it will help you efficiently get rid of bacteria, dirt, and gingivitis better than a traditional toothbrush.
Look for a toothbrush that is gentle on your gums and has small tools that you can use to get between your teeth.
When you have a confident smile and fresh breath, you’re going to make a better overall impression.
When you’re shopping for an electric toothbrush, think about a tongue scraper as well. A tongue scraper can effectively get bacteria off your tongue, which is where bad breath is generated.
Tongue scraping is potentially as beneficial as brushing your teeth for overall oral hygiene.
5. Hairbrush and Comb
Even if you have pretty short hair, you’ll probably want a hairbrush and comb in your grooming kit.
If your hair is thick and curly, you should use a wide-tooth comb that will be more comfortable and reduce breakage.
If you have softer hair, you might just use a brush with natural bristles.
When you use a good comb or brush, it not only styles your hair, but it can help stimulate blood flow to the scalp.
A double-sided comb might be good to add to your grooming kit. A double-sided comb is one that has differently spaced widths. One part will have teeth that are close together, and they’re good for distributing your hair products evenly.
A wider-set tooth will help you style your hair and keep it in place, and if you have longer hair, get rid of any knots.
6. Nail Clippers
Nail clippers are part of a grooming regiment that helps keep bacteria away, and they ensure you look put together. Precision nail clippers are a good option for men and they are usually available in pharmacies and beauty supply stores. Nail clippers are good not only for trimming long nails but also preventing hangnails and ingrown nails.
Look for nail clippers that are the same as the natural curve of your nail.
You might also want a dedicated set of toenail clippers for your feet because they provide a nice, straight cut.
Finally, get a callus remover. Men should pay attention to how their feet look and having a callus remover is a good tool to help you do that. A pumice stone is a good option, or you can use a skin shaver. They work on any dry patches of skin you might have on your feet, including your heels.
You don’t have to spend a ton of time or money to be a well-groomed man. If you have the right tools, you can start a fast, easy routine that will keep you looking and feeling your best.