We can all agree on one thing – the internet has revolutionized our society in the past few years. We now see it as the main marketplace, service for communication and probably the biggest library of information as well. To be clear, it has its cons as well but if you used properly it offers a lot. One of the great things about the internet is that now you can earn money without leaving the comfort of your home. Of course, you still have to put time and effort in it but you are your own boss and you decide on all the key factors. Apart from becoming a social media star or a freelancer, one of the most lucrative things you can do is to be a YouTuber. But before talking more about it let’s get one thing straight – it isn’t simple and you have to put a lot of effort to succeed.
You have probably heard about PewDiePie – a guy that has over 80 million subscribers and continues counting. But that took a lot of time. Yes, you can earn money over YouTube and it can be quite a good amount but beforehand you will have to build a big and engaging audience that will support you.
Without further a due let’s take a look at the few tips on how to make money on YouTube!
Build Your Audience
1. First and foremost, you have to create unique content. If you post something that your viewers will be able to find at any other channel than chances are you will not be able to have more than a few devoted subscribers. Create content that you enjoy and that describes you – and in no time people will start subscribing to see what you have to offer.
2. One of the essentials to a successful YouTube channel is daily posting. If you post a few times a month people will forget about your channel or simply lose interest. On the other hand, if you post every day or at least a few times a week (at specific times) your fans will be happily waiting for your new video.
3. Don’t forget to thank your fans in every video for the support they are giving. You want to build an army and in order for that to happen your fans should know how much they are worth to you.
4. Promote your videos and content on other social media, and ask your subscribers to share it on their profiles as well.
Earn Money Off YouTube
1. The great source of money income when creating content on YouTube is through a Partner Program and signing up for AdSense. Once you have at least 1000 subscribers and more than 4000 watch hours in the past year (12 months) you will be able to monetize your content. For each video, you create you will receive an amount of money that depends on the number of views, ads showed, and ads clicked.
2. Apart from that you can go ahead and create your own merch once you have a good number of supporting fans. Selling shirts, caps, cups with your channel logo or a quote is a good way for you to earn money and for the fan to become the devoted member of your team. Along with that, you can include Channel Memberships as well – your fans will be a certain fee for the option to use emojis, badges or have access to unique content.
3. Last but not least, a great way to make money using YouTube is by making promo deals with certain clothing/homeware brands or website services. You can make a video either directly reviewing their products and they when people are generally interested, it will lead to more views and subscriptions, which eventually pays off.
If you are ready to devote enough time and effort then there isn’t a reason why you shouldn’t try yourself out as a YouTuber. With the right approach, and unique content you have high chances of success. Who knows, maybe at the end you are the next PewDiePie?