Everyone who has short hair knows that even though it may take a shorter amount of time to style it, it is often harder to think about some creative ways to style your hair, mostly because there is not enough length twist it and twirl it. Although there is a really quick solution to this, like getting clip-in hair extensions, there are also ways in which you can style your short hair. Actually, it is quite quick and straightforward to create a new look.
Here are some tips and trick for short hairstyles for women:
- Spray dry shampoo on your bobby pins before pinning them to prevent them from slipping – short hair slips out of bobby pins more easily than longer hair. So, if you want to keep your hair in place, spray a little bit of dry shampoo on the inside of the bobby pins to give it extra grip.
- Braid your hair into a crown braid – you will want to start with creating a side-part and then Dutch braiding (where you cross the pieces under one another rather than crossing it over), your hair diagonally, starting from the left side. Then, you will have to Dutch braid your hair straight back on the right side of the part, securing both braids in a bun in the back with bobby pins. You will get a stylish crown braid and it could be worn for every occasion.
- Pull your bangs back – when it comes to short hair, simply pulling your bangs back can make a lot of difference. Whether it will turn into a quick, small braid, or small pomp, this is a simple hairstyle you can create that will change your whole look.
- Create beachy waves – creating beachy waves with a flat iron is not exactly a „new style“, but it works great for short hair! If your hair is short, you will want to start by sectioning out your hair. You could just clip up the top or you might want to split it into two or three sections. You should take a 1-inch section of your hair and bend it away from your face with the iron. Now, the key to your new look is to only go about ¾ of the way down your hair. Do not curl all the way to the ends. For the next section, you will want to take the same size of the hair, but you will want to curl it in the opposite direction of the previous. Repeat this process until your hair is completely curled. Once finished, you will want to take the flat iron and tap the ends of your hair to make them straight. Lock it in with a little bit of hairspray and you are ready to go!
- Make a side-swept bob – you will need to part your hair to the side that you would like. They, blow dry by using a large rolling brush. If you want additional texture, wrap thick sections around the end of the round brush and spray a little bit of hairspray on it. This will give you an elegant, side-swept bob good for everyday situations, as well as some events that are more formal.
- Make a „lob“ – a lob is basically a longer bob. If you want to style a long bob, you could try dosing the roots with a volumizer and blow drying as you would normal hair. Set your hair vertically in hot rollers, then brush it out with a paddle brush. And lastly, sweep it into a deep part before spraying it with a curl-defining spray. To help define the front wave, put bobby pins in a few places to keep it in place and tuck the shorter parts behind your ears.
If you want to flair up your look, you could try a lot of things, from accessorizing your hair with bands and pins to using a flat or curling iron to style it. The possibilities are endless.