– Social media is stressful, time-consuming, and at times distracting. In theory, social media, in a way promises to connect you with people and with the world. But, in reality, it compromises your personal privacy, it puts you at risk of online abuse, and it makes you feel unhappy with your real life. Are you wondering why people and even celebrities are increasingly taking time off social media? Here are some reasons why they might do that:
- It can and probably is affecting our mental health – a number of studies linked social media with increased levels of depression, anxiety, and isolation. It revealed that younger and older users are in danger of breaking under the pressure of unachievable standards of life, which are often present in social media websites. In fact, the researchers concluded that users who often check their accounts had more than twice as high a risk of depression than the less social-media active people.
- Social media is a nest of dangerous situations – bullying on social media websites is just as harmful as any other form of bullying. Sometime, it could be even worse. That is partly because it is hard to get away from it and it can reach people no matter where they are or what they are doing. Getting bullied on social media can feel quite terrible. Being constantly connected to your phone, tablet, or computer all the time means that a bully can get to you easily and make it feel like it is not safe anymore.
- Social media decreases productivity and creativity – research has proven that our connection to social media platforms can negatively affect our commitment to be productive and creative in our personal and professional life. A study last year suggested that we spend too much time on social networks than we think we do, hence wasting one of the most important resources – time.
What is KIINDU and why it might be good for you
– If you are aware that you cannot have a positive look at life with all the negative things you experience or see on social media platforms, this online community is designed to create a safe environment.
– The primary goal of KIINDU is to spread love and to encourage the flow of every day positive energy. This is a place where you can share your everyday experiences, get motivated, and get inspiration.
– The main mission of this platform is to bring people together and supply a constant flow of positive vibes. There will be no bullies, no feeling of being under constant pressure to prove yourself better, and it will not impact your creativity or productivity. It will only give you inspiration, and you will be able to prosper and feel happy and calm. Join the storyboards or view boards like „positive affirmations,“ where you can give and receive empowerment through the art of spoken words. There are various boards for various things, and all of them might help you gain motivation and inspiration.
– By joining this wonderful platform, full of wonderful people, you will be seizing the opportunity to become the best and most positive version of yourself.