Alright, so it is almost well-known that fresh vegetables are undoubtedly beneficial to your well-being and health. Now, I am going to present a little love to the great celery – a vegetable with lots of health benefits. I generally take celery by juicing it. If you want this healing tool with all its nutrients, you must need the best juicer for celery. Because many of the convenient juicers cannot give you all of the benefits from celery stalks.
Many health enthusiasts consider celery as the ‘superfood’. No doubt, this vegetable deserves it because of its nutrients, minerals, vitamins and many other health-promoting elements. The elements found in celery fight heart disease, cancer, gird, chronic fatigue syndrome, psoriasis, vertigo, liver disease, and eczema.
Let’s see how I made my first celery juice. Before proceeding, I want to tell you that I cultivated a few celery stalks in my small garden. It is a long-season plant grown in the fall or spring. Celery cannot live within high temperature and it requires special care. However, I really enjoyed growing celery because it was more tasteful than celery stalks found in the store. Don’t worry, you can buy organic celery stalks and juice them as most of the people cannot cultivate it.
Making Celery Juice
If you are not a newbie in juicing, you can make celery juice with the same process that you applied to other vegetable juice.
1. Take all the necessary things that you need when making juice. Collect organic celery, a juicer, a knife, a jug, and a clean chopping board. You need some warm water or vegetable wash. You also need a cup and clean preparing area.
2. Celery comes with huge incredible healing benefits. So make sure that you have the appropriate amount of celery stalks that can fulfill your need. Generally, one stalk gives me enough juice. You can try a large stalk of celery. Celery has a large amount of water content so you can enjoy more juice out of standard size celery.
3. Under warm water clean the celery itself. Carefully clean the sediments, wash leaves and get the soil and dust off from them. If you have a vegetable wash, you can clean it nicely with it.
4. I do not remove any leaves from celery stalks. They are full of nutrients, who wants to lose them!
5. I use my slow masticating juicer to produce celery juice. You can also use a centrifugal juicer, but slow juicer can give you more, produce a lot of nutrients. Slow speed juicer does not create any clog or jam and you can get more nutritious juice.
6. Carefully place the celery stalks in the juicer chute. The juice will come into the cup immediately after starting juicing. Take a jug to collect the waste that appears from the other side of the juicer.
7. This step is mostly enjoyable. Place the celery from top of the juicer and wait to collect the juice in the cup. Do not feel resistance; just pleasantly push the celery into a chute. If you notice any clogging, turn off the machine and start that again.
8. Some of the celery stalks might be longer; you can cut them into small pieces. Small pieces of celery can be squeezed more efficiently and more yields will come as a result. You need to wait a few minutes to receive all the drips in the cup.
9. In the beginning, you feel celery juice a bit bitter. After a few regular doses, you will start enjoying this amazing juice.
10. Celery contains its genuine flavor. I like to drink it without adding anything else. Most of the juicing experts recommend it to consume celery juice without adding anything. Adding apple, ginger and carrot might destroy its healing power.