Slowly the winter is leaving, and with that, the preparations for the coming spring begin. The preparations are mostly in terms of the home and the yard. Home preparations refer to the popular spring cleaning which includes cleaning the whole house, and often people decide to whitewash the whole house so that they would have a completely clean house with the beginning of spring and the beautiful spring weather. While the home requires these few preparations, the yard and the outside of the house require more preparation and more attention around the preparations. What parts are included in the preparations outside the home? There are several of them.
The exterior of the house and the yard require lower preparations, especially in terms of the yard, such as the grass and its spring refreshment, further the greenery in the yard and their arrangement. planting flowers, cleaning trees and cleaning fallen leaves that fall during autumn and winter, cleaning the elements in the yard, etc. But keep in mind that the preparations are not only in view of the yard, but it is necessary to check another part of the exterior. It is the outside of the house in which you live. What does it take to check? Several checks are required. These are primarily gutters that need to be cleaned of falling leaves, the facade needs to be further refreshed with paint and of course – the roof needs to be checked.
Roof checks are especially important before the start of spring. The reason is the spring rains that are often present throughout the spring and which often know to cause a problem with roof leaks, and for which you need a detailed check of professionals such as the guys from roofers99.com who can help you. assist with roof service. That is why it is necessary to check the home from every aspect, especially the covering. You can spot even the smallest repairs on the roof and fix them yourself. Wondering what these repairs are and how to fix them? We have the answer to this question. In addition, we bring you 6 minimal repairs that you can do yourself and for which you do not need additional help. You just need to be motivated enough, the rest is easy and simple. Follow this article to the end and find out more about these small fixes that you must not ignore.
- Clean the leaves around the tiles – the first thing you need to do is make sure there are leaves around the tiles. This is especially important if you have deciduous trees in the vicinity of your home because often the leaves fall on the roof and then with the first rain they can penetrate between the tiles or under them. If this happens, they accumulate and can seriously damage the structure, because their moisture rots the wooden structure, which is not good for the roof. It is therefore necessary to do this check once in the spring and once in the fall to make sure everything is as it should be.
- Check if a tile is broken or cracked – no roof will last forever, it can be damaged and therefore needs to be checked frequently. The weather conditions during a calendar year are changeable (which is normal) and they are often the biggest culprits for the cracking of the tiles. If the tiles are left cracked, they will slowly crack more and more and at a given moment will break into more pieces. If this happens, the water that collects from the rain will be able to easily enter the home. It is, therefore, necessary to make such a check and make sure that the covering is all right.
- Arrange the tiles – you wonder why we are proposing this to you and why this is crucial? This is a very important check and repair that you can do. People often face the problem of water leaking into their homes. This is due to the insufficiently good arrangement of the tiles. You can fix that and fix it. Simply arrange them properly and prevent this problem from occurring.
- Clean the tiles of moss or seeds – make sure there are no seeds accidentally between the tiles. Do not be surprised, on every roof you can find a seed or a nut. The birds are to blame for that, thinking that they can break them that way or that they can hide them there, they forget and leave them. And if they stay there, they can start growing quickly. Therefore, clean them in time if you notice them. Another thing you need to clean is the moss that often appears on the roof. Check the side of your roof that is least heated by the sun and if you see that there is moss, clean it. This will make it easier for rainwater to fall from the tiles.
- Clean the part of the gutter that is around the roof – there is another part of the roof that you need to focus on. These are the gutters that circle around the covering. They are another very important part that needs to be checked to make sure everything is OK with it and often needs to be fixed so that you can do it yourself. What do you need to do? You need to make sure that the gutters around are clean because they often have leaves and twigs carried by birds or falling from a tree near your house. Check it out because spring brings us rains, and in order for them to fall easily from the roof, we need clean gutters that will allow easy rainfall.
- Make sure the gutter is securely fastened to the roof – the last thing that is very important to check and that you can fix yourself is the gutter, ie how well it is fastened to the roof. Simply climb on the roof and check the gutter around the roof. Make sure that each bead is securely fastened, that a bead is missing somewhere, and if it is missing, add it. This moment is very important because if during the spring there is a large amount of water through the gutter or a strong wind blows, it can very easily separate from the roof and collapse, ie fall.
Here are 6 simple fixes you can make yourself ready for next spring. So do it on time and prevent any additional problems with your covering. Celebrate spring ready and with a smile!