Out of all body parts, nails might be one of the things women care about the most. On the other hand, we can’t say that men are unconscious about that as well – clean and cut nails are one of the biggest indicators that you are actually taking care about yourself and maintaining good hygiene habits. Women love decorating their nails and even using the nail forms to achieve a more impressive nail look. Now, while doing nails yourself might be fun it is not that simple and a slight distraction can make you lose your grip. And that is why going to a nail technician is really handy.
Whether you are a nail technician or you are a beginner learning to do nails there are a few essentials you might need. Luckily, nail tools and other relevant supplies are easy to find and buy given the high online offer. Now, you are able to buy the whole set needed for a salon without breaking your budget. While some things are a must, others are optional and depend on how big you are planning your business. Let’s go ahead and take a look at the essentials you need to have as a nail technician!
Must Supplies For A Nail Technician
- On the first place are nail clippers. We are sure this came as a no surprise as nail clippers are an essential whatever you plan to do. Without it, you can’t trim your or your customer’s nails. Still, not any nail clipper will do the work and there are a few that we would recommend. Getting a complete set of nail edge clippers, standard nail clippers, and toenail clippers are your best bet – you can find it for cheap online without missing out on anything.
- Along with that, you should get a nail polish remover and a nail cleanser. There is a difference between these two – a nail cleaner is there to keep the skin around your nails free of infections (clean), while a polish remover is essential before any new treatment is done. We recommend that you look for a polish remover that has a moisturizing effect as well.
- With a nail file kit, you will be able to file even the broken or acrylic nails and prepare the nails for a new treatment. An electric and a diamond nail file work great as well.
- A shop such as Phinails offers a variety of nail cosmetic and treatment products. Out of all, brushes certainly stand to be among the most important ones – dusting before nail treatment is a must. Now, as mentioned above every nail technician has to have a good polish removal, but along with that you should have a set of good polishes as well and the Lux Red Gel Polish is one of the best out there.
- Gels are a great way to treat and maintain healthy nails, and having a variety of these will show that you take your business seriously. A Max White Gel, Bond Base, and a Clear Gel form the holy trinity and there is not much that you will need apart from it.
- Now, apart from files and clippers, there are a few more tools you might need if you decide to be a nail technician. Investing in a good pair of scissors, a pincher, spatula, and a cuticle pusher is a great idea.
- Last but not least, every nail salon has to have a variety of top coats. And the two that Phinails offer, Diamond Glass Top Coat and High Gloss Top Coat, seem great for any occasion!
Being a nail technician has its advantages as you get to be creative and your own boss. The above-mentioned essentials are something that you should invest in whether you are planning a big business or you just want to practice with yourself, to begin with.