Today, there are literally thousands of great free games to choose from, from Fortnite to League of Legends, all the way to Kingdom Rush, it is quite possible that you will never spend a dollar in hopes to defend yourself from an alien invasion, destroy evil goblins, and deliver a beat down on your enemy. Keep in mind that free games no longer specify quality levels that are low, but actually have plenty of games that would give priced games a run for the money they invested.
Here are the top 5 free to play games to enjoy on your PC or console:
- Warframe – a combination of the futuristic science-fiction of games such as the well known Mass Effect and Halo, comes the martial arts inspired combat game Warframe. It is probably one of the most impressive action game available, and you will be able to play it on both PCs and consoles. It was launched in 2013 and now has more than 26 million players worldwide. This games also allows you various customization options, which will give you the chance to modify your armor and weapons.
- World of Tanks – this spin-off game focuses its attention on naval and air battles. It features various tanks from England, China, America, Soviet Union, and France, its multiplayer matches are enormous with teams constantly trying to get better tactical positions over each other as they are firing long-range shots, flanking their enemies, and protecting their allies. Once you get used to the game’s combating style, you can join a team and try to take control of the global map, which will earn you some bragging rights, as well as unlock special vehicles and in-game currency.
- Let it Die – this game is probably the one that is most hardcore on this list. It is a hack and slash game with a weird twist as you would probably expect from someone who is behind the No More Heroes game series. It is set in 2026 and Tokyo itself has split in half. A tower has risen up from the ocean depths and Uncle Death, a version of the grim reaper makes you head to the tower in order to find out what is on top of it. What happens next is that this addicting, yet challenging tower game makes sure that you will be interested in finding out what happens next.
- Hearthstone – from the creators of the timeless mastermind game Warcraft comes this interesting card game Hearthstone. Taking most of out all time favorite characters from the Warcraft series, players battle in card duels to literally, their virtual death, by using a wide range of spells and minions, in an effort to lower their enemy’s health to zero. Although the game is pretty simple to plat, it prompts you to create different strategies will keep you from itching one more game.
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends – this game is quite similar to Hearthstone in the way that it is a based CCG game that relies on attacking your enemy and their cards. Of course, you will gain Magicka with each turn that you take. Although similar, it does have a different system. The board is split into two dies, and after placing a card, you can only attack cards on the same side of the board or your enemy directly. This “subtle” twist makes quite a difference. It adds an additional layer of strategy in this special game. It is available on several platforms, such as PC, iOS, and Android.
Although this list only features five of the most popular free to play games, there are still plenty of them out there for you to enjoy. With these games, you will not have to pay for anything, including the annoying in-game purchases that many games prompt you to buy.