One of the biggest and busiest social media applications is Instagram. It is not simple, nor easy to grow and build a loyal audience. With over one billion monthly users, a smart algorithm, and hundreds of creative brands on it, it is a quite competitive place if you are looking to boost your follower numbers. Before we take a look at the ways you can boost your audience, let’s first take a look at what Instagram Engagement is.
What is Instagram Engagement?
The engagement rates on literally any social media website or platform can be viewed as a measure of your followers’ loyalty towards you and your business. It is not connected to the number of followers you have, but the level of them getting involved with your content. It is the measure of their interest and interaction with your photos, videos, and stories that matter. This can all be checked by the number of likes, views, and comments that you get.
How to boost your Instagram account?
Using any social media network without a plan leads to wasted time and resources. Here is a list of tips on how you can boost your Instagram account;
1. Create a clear strategy – the first thing to remember is that your marketing plan must be defined and clear. You will need to know your goals (this might relate to increasing your brand awareness, boosting product sales, drive more traffic to your account, etc.), the audience you will want to target (how old are they and where do they live? When and how do they use their accounts?), and what stories you will want to tell.
2. Share compelling content – great and aesthetic content is what gets people interested in your brand. The key to great content is knowing what your targeted audience is and how much will it be interesting to those people. Your main goal is to inform, engage, and entertain your audience with your content. Your images and videos need to be compelling and your captions need to be on point for people to engage with it.
3. Experiment with other applications and websites – companies like MySway offer you the possibility of easily and effectively discovering, tracking, and connecting with available influencers. You will be able to find the perfect influencer and through them increase your audience number.
4. Use the right hashtags – hashtags are simply amazing, mostly because that is how people find your account and that is one of the ways for you to become a part of an Instagram community. Also, that is how Instagram knows in what category you are posting and what is on your photos. This is especially good since Instagram will know what people they can show your content to. Try using the right hashtags and avoid using random ones that first come to mind. If there is a blue skirt on your photo, you should try using hashtags like „#blue“, and „#skirt“, instead of hashtagging a lot of different, unrelated things.
5. Ask questions in your captions – now that you have gained more followers, what else can you do? One technique is to ask questions in your captions. You can ask people about how they feel about a specific thing, ask them where they are from to know them better or ask their opinion on specific topics. You do not have to ask them questions all the time, but in order to boost your engagement with them, it will be interesting and fun for both you and your followers. Keep in mind that you should always reply to their comments. It shows them that you take the time to read and reply to anything they write which helps with the loyalty between you and your audience.
The key to your Instagram account and business being successful is your engagement with your audience. You need to find the right strategies that will help you increase your audience numbers, as well as keep your brand alive. These tips will help you with that.