For decades, wood has been a favorite flooring option in many homes, and, in recent years, its popularity did not stop growing. When you think about it, it is quite logical, especially since it is stylish, natural, warm, timeless, and more importantly, it can fit into almost any interior design.
Whether you are thinking about renovating your living room or if you already started the process, you might be overwhelmed about the number of options you can choose from. And, if you are in this situation, do not worry, this article can help you. The text below is going to feature a list of the best wood flooring options you can choose. Let’s take a look at the guide:
1. Easy to Maintain: Finishes That Look Natural
The most loved finishes in 2020 are ones that look natural such as matte, satin, and flatter – and as you know, these finishes are not glossy nor shiny. Glossy finishes are quite outdated and they are extremely difficult to maintain, especially since you’ll see every single mark and scratch, as well as every spot of dirt.
Hence, if you want something that is amazing, yet entirely practical, these options might be for you. Additionally, it will match almost every living space since people can choose from a wide range of hues and patterns. Also, you won’t need to maintain it every day, which means that it can save you a lot of time as well.
2. Simple, Yet Versatile: The Farmhouse Option
If you are, for example, going for a rustic look, you should opt for the farmhouse style. There is a wide range of designs and shades that you can choose from, and some are even suitable for walls as well! The planks are usually wider and paler, which means that they often come in cooler tones such as gray and whitewashed, with more knots in its design. It is a simple look, but, it can completely transform the look of any living room.
3. For Most Durable: Bamboo
One of the things that makes bamboo amazing is that it is the fastest-growing grass in the world. Because of this, it has become a popular alternative to hardwood. You might be looking for something that is Eco-friendly, durable, and tough and if this is the case, bamboo is for you. If you are interested in learning more about this option, check out ambientbp.com for the ultimate guide.
4. For a Perfect Contrast: Cool And Dark Hardwood
You might have noticed that the current trends tend to move towards cooler and darker shades. Now, the first thing worth mentioning is that these options need a bit more maintenance since they are dark. This means that it is best for people who do not have pets – since you’ll need to clean it every day.
On the other hand, cooler-toned timber is easier to clean and is somewhat preferred by people who want to combine the color of their floor with their gray or whitewashed walls. If you have dark brown furniture, cooler colors will add light to the area and depth of color.
5. The Cheap Option: Laminate
One of the biggest advantages of using laminate for your home is that it comes with a low price tag. Additionally, it is extremely easy to install it and there are various colors, shapes, and designs that you can choose from. It is also quite durable, which means that you won’t have to change it often.
6. For Eco-Friendly Families: Cork
If you are Eco-conscious, you should know that cork floors are manufactured from a particular tree type – more specifically, its bark. Manufacturers can harvest bark every decade from the tree without damaging or killing it, hence, it is completely Eco-friendly. People love this type because it is soft, natural, and soft under bare feet.
Things to Consider Before Choosing
Naturally, there are some aspects that you need to take into consideration before you actually choose the flooring type you want. The things you should definitely consider include:
- Your Budget – the first thing that can help you narrow down your list of potential flooring options is your budget. The types mentioned above all have different prices, hence, determine what your budget is and then take a look at the options you have.
- How Much is The Room Used? – The next thing is to think about how much traffic will happen in the room. For example, if you are picking out floors for your kitchen, you should get something durable since the kitchen is the most used room in any house. You do not want to get something that you’ll need to replace after 5 years.
- Your Preferences – as mentioned earlier, wooden floors allow you to choose from a wide range of types, colors, designs, and patterns, which is why you’ll definitely be able to find something that can fit the room you are working on. Also, wood floors are more likely to fit any interior than, for example, tiles.
- The Maintenance – you have probably noticed that some wooden floors are easier to maintain than others. Cool and light-colored floors are easiest to clean, so, if you have pets or kids, this might be a good option for you. On the other hand, if you are not bothered with cleaning, you can opt for darker tones.
- The Installation Process – some floors are more difficult to install then others, hence, if you are planning on installing the floors by yourself, you should opt for something that is easy to install such as laminate. If you opt for something else, it might be best to hire a company like cmchardwoodfloors.com that specializes in this type of work.
As you can see, there is a wide range of flooring options that you can opt for during 2020. Of course, your choice will depend on your interior design and your preferences, but, you should strongly consider some of the options mentioned above. So, now that you know what you can opt for, do not waste any more time. Instead, opt for a flooring option, order it, and start the process of transforming your home!