Increasing online sales is the number one goal of any large or small business. Whether you run a retail business or work for a big e-commerce company such as Amazon, increasing your sale through online channels is a little bit like hitting the home run – it looks easier than it actually is. Luckily, there are different methods and ways to improve online sales and strengthen your online presence, many of which you can implement right away.
Some of the tips and tricks you will see a focus on specific strategies and some are more generalized. Here, you will be able to read about 5 simple ways on how to boost my revenue online:
1. Increase qualified traffic – targeted SEM and marketing campaigns, improvements in SEO, programmatic media buying, remarketing, partnerships with bloggers, and enrichment of the email base is the key in increasing traffic. The more targeted and relevant your communication initiative is, the more qualified the public that visits your online store will be.
2. Develop a multichannel culture – being present in all channels, delivering a good experience of use, shopping, and service, no matter the way of interacting with customers is the most important thing you could do. The connection between online and offline goes beyond the pick-up store. There are several choices for interaction between the channels: showrooms with no local stock, direct sales, door-to-door via App, mobile, multilevel marketing, cross-border exchange, and return policies are some of them.
3. Improve online store performance – the faster your page loads, the better sales performance your store will have. These are some features to focus on and improve:
– server response time
– if it allows integration to a content distribution network (CDN) and cache solutions
– if it enables access via content management system (CMS) to make fast improvements to the front-end code
– if it works with a non-relational database, which will reduce the requests to servers, speeding up pages’ loading time
4. Improve the responsiveness – UI and UX of your e-commerce – along with loading time, the easiness of browsing, searching, and checkout also plays crucial roles at the time the order is placed. Helping customers find what they are looking for in a fast way (whether on a PC, tablet or mobile), is an essential matter for converting visits into sales. When it comes to mobile phones, having a responsive layout is not enough. The mobile UI and UX should be carefully planned to promote fluid navigation, speed up images and text information loading time, as well as implement the payment and the order completion processes.
5. Enrich your catalog and increase the offer of products for sale – Here are some options when it comes to increasing the products offer:
– cross-docking, with this option retailers, include products from a supplier in his store’s catalog for online sales but does not need to store them in a warehouse. When a customer orders something, the retailer requests the supplier to send that product to his center, where it will be sent to the customer.
– drop shipping, this work partially like cross-docking, but when a customer orders something, the retailer buys the product from the supplier and it is then sent to the customer.
– Marketplaces, an already known concept where large online retail operations add products and service provided by a third party to their catalogs. Transactions are processed by the marketplace, while the fulfillment and the logistics can be operated by both the marketplace and seller.
– networking is quite similar to marketplaces, but it has one major difference. In networking, retailers exchange their catalogs with other vendors, who quite often sell jewelry or supplementary products to the retailer’s own catalog. A few e-commerce platforms already allow this kind of exchange to take place and it is up to the retailer to establish a commercial agreement.
Now that you have read about the 5 things you should know and do in order to boost your online sales, it is an excellent time to start implementing these things into your online business. With sales growth, your revenue can only go up.