Perhaps one of the most important things is choosing the right equipment for your kitchen. Making good choices can help you with keeping the clutter to a minimum and it could as well add harmony to any home. So, keep in mind that it is not important to have a handmade German cutting board or a blender that costs as much as your monthly rent, the things that every kitchen needs are the most common things in order for it to function well.
Here is a list of the top 7 kitchen items to purchase in order to be able to deliver great homemade food and enjoy eating meals with family or friends:
1. A set of knives – a set of good chef knives will help you chop meat that even has bones. You will be able to chop giant vegetables and they can be used for preparing and chopping ingredients for soups, salads, meals, and more. With the right maintenance, these knives will be lifesavers when it comes to preparing the necessary ingredients.
2. A cutting board – a cutting board will allow you to slice your vegetables and fruits without destroying your blade or even worse, your table. If you use it every day, you might notice that scratches are appearing, but keep in mind that it will still be resilient. The best cutting boards are the ones that are considered to be the safest are those made of bamboo, silicon, or plastic. However, a cutting board made of wood is also a great choice, but the constant exposure to water might make the wood darker over time.
3. A measuring cup – if you are following a recipe in order to create a perfect meal, a measuring cup will be necessary if you want to add the right amount of ingredients. They are precise for solid and liquid portions of ingredients. It will also measure the volume of quantity. It is advised to buy a complete set that will include spoons of different sizes that is useful for smaller amounts.
4. A rubber spatula – when mixing food that you are cooking, a rubber spatula is necessary. You might use it to take out the extra ingredients or liquid, as well as pour the cooked foods on plates when serving it. A spatula that is made of rubber will not melt or burn if it is left on the pan or pot. It is commonly used when mixing ingredients in pasta and soup, as well as any food with sauces.
5. Metal tongs – when cooking meat, preparing BBQ or handling food in the microwave, metal tongs are crucial. It has long holders that are not slippery which will protect you from the heat. Food will not slip when you use these tongs. They will help you turn the ingredients or food in the pan or on the hot BBQ.
6. Mixing Bowls – it is quite helpful if you add mixing bowls of different sizes to your kitchen inventory. They usually have a round shape, which makes blending, mixing, and adding ingredients easier. Bowls made from plastic or metal are lighter than the ones made of glass, they are also more comfortable to handle.
7. A veggie peeler – this peeler is perhaps the most common piece of equipment in most kitchens. They will serve as a substitute when stripping carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and other fruits and vegetables with a thin shell. It will eliminate the crust while keeping higher quantities of the veggies and fruits than the blade, which means that you will not be losing amounts of it. This tool also comes in handy when peeling anti-aging food like ginger.
This list contains some of the items you will need to buy in order to make preparing meals easier and more convenient for you.