Cannabidiol, which is more commonly called CBD, is a compound found in the cannabis plant. It does not create the “high” sensation that is closely associated with marijuana use. This is because it is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) that is responsible for creating that feeling. While this is true, CBD may provide other benefits to a person’s body.
Due to this, manufacturers have now isolated the CBD and put it in countless products, including ones that help users in the bedroom. More about this can be found by checking out Weed Seeds USA and by reading the information below.
What is Libido?
Libido may be defined as an individual’s desire or urge for sexual intimacy. In simple words, it refers to a person’s sexual drive. Libido can get affected by several factors, including medical conditions, physiological conditions, medical conditions, medications, as well as lifestyle. Biologically, sex hormones and specific neurotransmitters capable of impacting the nucleus accumbens are responsible for regulating libido. Therefore, for maintaining an active and enjoyable sex life, proper functioning of these sex hormones and neurotransmitters is essential.
The Impact of CBD on Libido
To fully understand how CBD may benefit a person’s sex life, it is essential to learn more about how CBD works in the body. Inside each person, there are small receptors. These receptors are part of the endocannabinoid system or ENS. To better understand how things interact, consider the receptor locks. The key (in this situation, at least) is the CBD.
While the CBD will not directly unlock the receptors, it can help to set off a series of reactions in the body that stimulate the entire system. With the indirect activation of CBD, the body will respond in several ways. It can serve as an anticonvulsant, anti-inflammatory, and more.
Understanding the Research
According to a study published in 2009, researchers have discovered that there are ECS receptors in a person’s sexual reproductive organs, including the testicles. They are also found in the brain.
What occurs next is still debated. Some studies have found that the cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD will increase libido. There are other studies that claim they will reduce it. In fact, according to some studies, it has been stated that the chronic use of cannabis use for males will reduce sex drive. The more someone uses, the lower a person’s sex drive will be.
On the other hand, research says CBD products can help improve someone’s libido by reducing anxiety. Some deal with anxiety about sexual performance, which can cause a reduced libido. When anxiety is relieved, the desire for sex may increase.
Other Sexual Benefits for CBD
There is not a lot of research focused on the sexual benefits of CBD. However, some emerging products are available on the markets that are designed to provide relief for specific issues.
- ED – Erectile Dysfunction: For years, many Ayurveda practitioners have used Cannabis sativa to help improve sexual performance and ejaculatory function in patients. It is not fully understood how CBD benefits ED, but it has been seen to offer some relief from this condition.
- Poor Lubrication: For individuals who deal with painful sex or dryness, adding lubrication can help to improve overall sexual performance and relieve pain. Some manufacturers have added CBD to their lubricant products to help with this, too.
- Improved Sex Drive: According to another theory, CBD may have a direct impact on the brain to affect one’s sexual desire. A study of cannabis users in 2017 indicated that cannabis is capable of activating the part of the human brain that controls sexual drive in individuals. The authors of this study suggested that people with a low desire for sex may benefit from using cannabis.
- Better Orgasm: A review paper published in 2019 claimed that cannabis may lead to more satisfying and longer orgasms. CBD can help increase the flow of blood into the tissues and enhance nerve sensation. Both these factors are favorable for a highly pleasing sexual experience and intensified orgasm.
- Balancing Hormone Levels: Some experts suggest that balancing hormone levels of the human body is yet another potential benefit of CBD. The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) plays a significant role in maintaining homeostasis within the body. This, in turn, regulates different organs and systems towards a balanced condition.
- Emotional Intimacy: CBD can also improve people’s sexual experiences by creating a deeper emotional connection between two partners. It can increase the serum concentration of anandamide, an endocannabinoid neurotransmitter. Anandamide is very closely related to oxytocin, a hormone and a neurotransmitter often referred to as the ‘love hormone,’ or ‘hug hormone.’ According to research, an increase in anandamide during a sexual experience can make it more pleasant.
CBD Products to Boost Libido:
A wide range of products is available in the market for managing different conditions that have a negative impact on libido. Discussed below are some of the most common options that you can try out.
- CBD vape oil: Certain types of CBD oils are extremely useful while getting intimate. Though it is not proven whether this is psychological or physiological, CBD vape oil does dilate the blood vessels, allowing fresh oxygenated blood. Increased stimulation and arousal can be attributed to this fresh oxygenated blood.
- CBD Products for Pain Relief: As already discussed, sexual desire can take a hit because of various types of pain. CBD balms can be a great option for women who experience pain due to dryness or irritation during intercourse.
- CBD Products for Anxiety: Some of the top benefits of CBD include anxiety, stress, and pain relief. There are many CBD products that can improve sexual drive by creating a general feeling of calm and well-being.
- CBD Oil for Relaxing: In combination with different essential oils, full-spectrum cannabinoids can be used for a soothing sensation and reduced muscle tension, contributing to an increased libido.
When it comes to CBD and sexual performance, there are more than a few factors to consider. Take some time to review the information here to see if it may be beneficial for the situation you are in. For many people, it has provided the relief or results they wanted, and since CBD products are now widely available, it is possible to get the desired results for an affordable price. This relationship of the body with CBD is vital to its overall reproductive health.