Travelling is one of the things we should all experience as much as possible. And it is probably one of the best ways to spend your hard earned money. The memories you will have from every given trip will last you a lifetime and the process of meeting new cultures, people, and experiencing historical heritage is a beautiful one. Now, once it is holiday time it might not be that easy to choose where to go as almost any country in the world has beautiful sites to visit. On the other hand, if you are out in the states and want to have some sunny time on the ocean side we absolutely recommend California.
California is one of the most entertaining states in the whole USA and in it there are numerous cities that speak for themselves. Apart from San Diego, and Los Angeles, San Francisco is something that you shouldn’t miss out on. It is a unique city and whether you are coming here with friends and want to experience its nightlife or you are taking your family and want to be sure that your kids will be happy San Francisco has got you covered. Not to forget, there is a number of historical sites and museums that you can visit. Without further ado, let’s go ahead and take a look at the sites you have to experience once in San Francisco!
Best San Francisco Tourist Spots
1. When it comes to things to do in San Francisco list we have to mention the Union Square. And know that you might need a whole day for it given the fact that the Association Square offers one of the biggest strip malls in the world – to be on point it is ranked third. There are hundreds of different stores and even a few inns that you can book.
2. Fisherman’s Wharf is another site that you have to pay a visit to. It is situated in the historical part of San Francisco and will allow you to experience heritage sites as well as attractions that could be entertaining for your children. Along with that, you can find more than a few good places to eat while here and experience San Francisco’s nightlife to its fullest.
3. One of the greatest workmanship centers in the whole USA has to be the Fine Arts Museum. There is a variety of art forms to look at and you may even go to a show or enroll for an expressive arts project.
4. The thing that most people think when you say San Francisco is Alcatraz. Situated on an isolated island it is one of the most impressive jail structures ever built. People remember it for hosting some of the most famous prisoners that ever lived, and though there were few escapes, Alcatraz is thought to be basically impeccable. Now, it stands as a museum and a historical site to what once was.
5. Castro Street was first seen as an area where Mexican and European culture combine and it very soon became a great touristic spot. Now, there are a lot of Germans and even Scandinavians who are living in the area and enjoying local food and attractions.
6. If you are into Japanese culture visiting Japantown and the Peace Plaza that has a mesmerizing tile wellspring is something you have to do. Japantown brings overall fun and doesn’t miss on checking out the 100 feet tall Peace Pagoda either.
7. Last but not least once you are in San Francisco it would be a shame not to try their wines. This area surely has one of the best wines in the whole USA and we recommend that you go sampling at Wine Collective Tasting Room.
San Francisco is an amazing town and you will need at least 5 days to experience it to its fullest. A variety of historical sites, clubs, restaurants, and parks will make you fall in love with the city. So what are you waiting for, go and pay your tribute to it!