Massage is a unique treatment known to people for millennia. It offers an opportunity to relax, unwind, and relieve body tensions together with mental concerns and anxieties in one go. Thus, it’s not surprising that people continue resorting to massage therapy amid the modern fast-moving daily routines and mounting stresses.
If you’re looking for a potent soothing and relaxing effect, consider adding CBD oil to your traditional massage practices. CBD oil is everywhere today, promoted as a safe and healthy alternative to addictive medications. It is free from THC, so its use won’t make you feel high while at the same time delivering a strong anti-inflammatory, relaxing, and balancing impact.
CBD oil may be administered orally, in the form of caps and softgels, and as an addition to creams, topicals, and massage oils. Here we discuss the use of CBD in massage and examine the evidence of CBD oil’s contribution to the therapeutic effects of massage. Now, when you google “massage with CBD oil near me,” you will know for sure what to expect from that massage session.
Centuries-Old Value of Massage
The value of massage is well-known; it’s been here for millennia, with ancient effective practices from the Asian and Indigenous peoples transferred to modernity with minor changes. Let’s get it straight: we all need a good portion of massage now and then, as our bodies get crooked in front of computers and TV screens, with hours of sitting in the cars while driving, and so many more ills of a sedentary lifestyle.
Thus, when it comes to massage, no one will doubt the belief that massage therapy is a magical remedy for mental and physical relaxation. It can reduce muscle pain and soreness due to the right application of physical force to specific muscles and joints. It can also relieve stress and anxiety because of the serene, relaxing environment and well-focused impact on the tight areas of your body. As your blood circulation improves and stiff joints and muscles relax, the body enjoys a full-scale unwinding effect that helps it slow down and fall asleep better. Finally, regular attendance of massage procedures can help people restore their joints’ flexibility and improve their range of motion, which is a critical task in low-mobility daily routines.
Benefits You’ll Get from CBD Massage
Now that we’ve clarified that CBD and massage are good for your health, why not combine them into one pleasurable and therapeutically valuable activity? You can count on many tangible therapeutic benefits if you choose a massage with CBD oil.
- Pain relief. CBD massage is ideal for chronic pain. The cannabinoids delivered to your organism with CBD oil reduce inflammation and help your painful joints and muscles, thus ensuring an effective relief from arthritis-related pain, back pain, and other types of chronic pain you might experience.
- Soothing anti-stress effect. Those who feel anxious and stressed will also derive immense benefits from CBD massage sessions. Massage, as such, is a powerfully relaxing remedy for stressed people, and its combination with the CBD effects on a physical level will help you forget about all stressors and unwind fully.
- Muscle tension relief. People have been using massage since times immemorial to reduce muscle tension and unwind their bodies and minds. CBD is an effective remedy for muscle and joint relief, as it helps reduce stiffness and cures inflammation and pain. Thus, you’re expected to enjoy tangible body relaxation due to CBD’s interaction with your endocannabinoid system via skin absorption.
- Skin quality improvement. Massage oils, CBD oil included, are excellent moisturizers for the human skin. Thus, if you have dry and faded skin that needs a boost of moisture, don’t hesitate and indulge yourself in a CBD massage session. Besides, CBD is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, so it can help you combat eczema, acne, and psoriasis. You’ll see firmer, healthier, and rejuvenated skin after several massages.
- Mood-lifting effect. Treating yourself to a massage is always an uplifting activity; you feel better after the body treatment you’ve been longing for. When going to CBD massage, you’re sure to feel an amplified energizing and mood-lifting effect because of the unique chemical components of CBD oil.
- Sensual stimulation. Massage is a complex treatment for your body and mind, as it helps you relax and unwind. Most CBD massage fans report feeling refreshed and more alert afterward, which is so much needed amid the fuss and buzz of a fast-moving world.
With all these benefits in mind, you’ll surely appreciate a CBD oil massage session even more, longing for the ultimate relaxation and stress relief it can give. Here are some tips to maximize the value of CBD massage and utilize the therapeutic properties of CBD to the fullest.
How to Maximize the Value of CBD Massage?
Massage is great; CBD massage is even greater. Still, you can take some steps to amplify the value of CBD body massage oil for your body and mind. Just follow a couple of expert tips.
- Pay attention to the product’s base. The best oils that form a good base for CBD oil are jojoba, coconut, and hemp seed oils. All these types are great moisturizers and can bring maximum value to your body, nourishing the skin with quick absorption. It’s much better to use oil-based topical ribs and lotions.
- Look for natural ingredients. If you see that your CBD topical is water-based, it’s a red flag that should warn you about non-natural ingredients. CBD is fat-soluble, so it dissolves well only in the oil. Water-based topicals use synthetic binding agents or stabilizers that the manufacturer may ‘forget’ to mention on the label or disguise with some fancy scientific terminology.
- Find the most potent CBD oil for massage. Our skin is the largest organ of our bodies, but it still possesses the least absorbing power. Thus, if you want to feel any tangible effect of CBD during and after the massage session, it’s better to opt for high-potency CBD products.
- Pick the right massage product. The best ingredients with immense skin benefits are hemp seed oil, colloidal oatmeal, and manuka oil, which can provide a ton of healing properties. Experts also recommend using CBD body butter with soothing ingredients like chamomile and lavender to achieve better skin effects and relaxation.
With these recommendations in mind, you can find your powerful massage oil that will make a real difference by delivering the whole spectrum of CBD massage oil benefits within a single session.
Arrangement Before, During, and After CBD Massage
If you’re planning a session with CBD massage oil for pain relief or expect other therapeutic effects from your massage, consider the following preparatory tips:
- Take a shower and clean your skin before the procedure. It’s a great way to increase the absorption potential of your skin, as you remove all contaminants from it and free it from the layer of skin fat and microparticles.
- Drink enough water to hydrate your organism, just like before any other massage session.
- If you’re a regular CBD user, consider taking some CBD before the massage; it may enhance the feelings and intensify the effect of CBD absorbed by the skin and in the gut.
Now, let’s proceed to the ‘during’ part. When you choose CBD massage oil for anxiety or any other condition you want to address, it’s important to find out its ingredients and ensure that the oil is all-natural and FDA-approved. It’s a basic safety measure that will protect you against side effects, skin damage, or unwanted side effects. Try to study the content ahead of time to avoid spoiling the moment.
What to do after the massage? The rule of thumb is to avoid taking a shower right after the procedure. Give the CBD oil that got to your skin time to absorb, and you’re sure to feel the prolonged therapeutic impact of the massage session as time goes by.
Is CBD Massage Better than Regular Massage?
As massage has been with us for many centuries, what makes CBD and regular massage types different? It’s a reasonable question, especially given the confusion surrounding CBD oil. The answer is: it’s all individual. Some people feel the real difference between the degree of relaxation and body relief during a regular massage session and the one enhanced with CBD, while others can’t tell the distinction at all.
We also can’t deny the existence of a placebo effect; knowing that you’re treated to CBD massage can create a false illusion of superior CBD massage oil effects. Anyway, regardless of your tolerance to CBD and the susceptibility of your skin to CBD effects, keep in mind that there are no negative side effects of CBD oil massage, so this form of body relaxation is definitely worth trying. Hours of sitting at your computer, disorganized sports activities, and driving your car – all these unhealthy activities worsen your posture and cause muscle and joint blockages. Thus, attending a CBD massage salon from time to time is a great investment in your health, mobility, and life quality.