Bad eating habits not only affect our health, but also our physical appearance and our mood. When we consume foods rich in sugars or fats, we increase the chances of suffering a series of more or less serious disorders for our health. When we want to improve our diet, we eliminate fats thinking they are harmful, but the truth is that our body needs unsaturated fats to function properly.
It is very important to know what type of food we incorporate into our diet, and in turn, what foods we discard. We know that food can become bad eating habits and that its consumption can harm our health.
Some bad eating habits
- Seafood is an excellent source of protein, nutrients and omega-3. We can consume them to obtain these benefits, however, we must be careful. Excessive consumption of shellfish can be harmful to our skin. Since shellfish are high in iodine, care must be taken because a high intake of iodine can cause an outbreak of acne. Therefore, if you are prone to suffer from acne and you like seafood very much, you should consume this type of food in moderation, that is once or twice a month.
- Frozen food, although it is true that we get out of trouble because of the lack of time, we should not consume them regularly. Its main component is salt, which considerably increases sodium levels. This can affect blood pressure and can cause damage to cardiovascular health. In addition, frozen foods are subjected to an intense process during their preparation that, in some cases, leads to the loss of all their nutritional content.
- Starch is a complex carbohydrate that is present in plant foods. Starch is necessary to carry out a series of functions such as:
- Produce energy through its glucose molecules.
- Feed the brain so it can perform all its functions.
- Avoid the need for energy from proteins and fats.
- Foods rich in starch, are also rich in fiber, which despite not being digested, is essential for the proper functioning of the digestive system.
However, poor eating habits result in excessive consumption of foods rich in starches such as bread, pasta, pastries, pizzas or breakfast cereals, can cause health disorders such as an increase in blood pressure.
- Eating the same foods regularly is a bad eating habit. In general, we do it when we know that a food is healthy. The best way to have a healthy diet is to be varied and the quantities are moderate. There are foods that are very healthy, but that consumed in excess have a negative side, such as olive oil and nuts. Both are very healthy, but provide a high number of calories.
- We know that consuming too much sugar is a bad habit and that it is advisable to moderate it. However, it is not enough to use sweeteners and stop eating sweets to reduce the intake of sugars.
Many foods have a high amount of sugars and we do not realize it. We must get used to reading carefully the labels of the food we are going to consume. The high consumption of sugar can affect the health of the hair and weaken the skin. In addition, it makes it more prone to the appearance of wrinkles. What’s more is that junk food such as chocolate can harm our teeth as well. As shown by Dental Dorks The solution to this would be to buy a good toothbrush such as oral b or sonicare but if you would compare oral b vs sonicare most of the experts would suggest oral-b toothbrush as compared to sonicare.
- Many times we make the serious mistake of believing that, in order to lose weight, we have to eliminate fat completely from our diet.
The truth is that we should not eat foods rich in saturated and harmful fats. However, if it is healthy to consume some good fats such as those rich in omega-3. In addition, our body needs them for the proper functioning of our cells.