Online reputation management, or simply ORM is the practice of creating strategies that shape or influence the public view of an organization, individual, or other presence on the Internet. It often drives the public opinion about a business, its services and products. By using ORM, a company can reduce the effects of a negative video, review, and photo, create good marketing techniques for online use or widen its domain holdings to increase online presence and visibility. The base of ORM is to use positive material to counterattack or push away negative material.
Reputation handlers can build website projects to distribute text, video, or other material. Or they could use social media statistics to find out the company’s status before engaging with products that influence reputation on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Social media management has become a big part of ORM, because most users take part in the most popular social media platforms and because the features that help create changes in a company’s online reputation.
Why should you care about your online reputation?
You might not consider that people are actually searching for you or your company, but there is a big chance that they are. Some of the most common reasons for this are:
1. Employers doing pre-interview research
2. Landlords looking for good renters
3. Children searching for details of their parent’s lives
4. Curious significant other, past and present
5. Former co-workers looking to share business opportunities
No matter what your lifestyle looks like, there is a good amount of information about you online and people can see it. If someone writes something negative or bad about your company online, it can put you in a disadvantage, especially if you do not know about it. You might never know the reason why you did not get the apartment you wanted to rent or why an employer never called you back after an interview. It is always important to know what people are saying about you or your company online.
What do online reputation management companies actually do?
Here is what an online reputation management company can help you with:
1. The company will be able to remove a large number of content others might have written about you or your company
2. They can stop you from missing out on new business opportunities by removing content on the Internet that you do not want your future business partners, prospects, and customers to see.
3. The companies are efficient and fast, they will remove unwanted content faster than you ever would.
4. You will be able to earn more money since the company will stop people who are illegally distributing your copyrighted content online (these also include eBooks and products that are given away for free, etc)
5. They will be able to take down any private information, pictures, or videos posted online without your consent
6. They can boost your reputation by eliminating content from social media, Google, and other platforms
If online reputation management is done properly, it will help with building credibility to customers, which will only strengthen their trust in your brand. It is not only important to be credible in the reviews but on all social media platforms.
Online reputation is becoming more important nowadays since the number of users has dramatically increased over the years. Almost 70% of users read others’ experiences and reviews and it is crucial for you to be able to control all of that content without the need to spend hours searching and removing harmful content from the Internet and that is why online reputation companies are the best.