A breakup is one of the most difficult things to deal with. Unfortunately, almost every person has such a sad experience of parting and knows how much it hurts.
After a breakup, you can find yourself obsessing about your ex-loved one, unable to focus on other things and generally feeling bad about yourself. It may sound strange, but this depressed state is happening because of your brain.
Most scientists consider a breakup under a specific form of addiction. Therefore, going through a parting is compared to breaking your love addiction – when you think about your ex-partner your emotional pain triggers the same pathways in the brain as physical pain. So, the way you`re going through your breakup depends directly on the way of thinking. Positive breakup quotes can give your brain positive messages and, thus, stimulate positive thinking. Below is a collection of the most empowering quotes about parting which give you enough strength to let go of the pain and move on after a breakup.
Happy Break-Up Quotes
Happy breakup quotes are what you really need after breaking up with someone you loved. Such positive statements will help you provoke positive thoughts, ease the pain of your heart and accelerate your recovery.
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile.” – Lonestar
- “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.” – Carl Sagan
- “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” – Victoria Holt
- “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
- “Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.” – Sarah Mlynowski
- “One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.” – Turcois Ominek
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don’t know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I’ll break up with someone on purpose.” – Rita Rudner
- “To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose is the next best.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
Depressing Break Up Quotes
Depressing break up quotes can be really helpful if you are going through a heartbreak. Reading some of the touching sad quotes about parting will make you able to remain the fold memories that you had with your ex-partner and will help in healing your broken heart.
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates
- “Letting go of someone dear to you is hard, but holding on to someone who doesn’t even feel the same is much harder. Giving up doesn’t mean you are weak! It only means that you are strong enough to let go!” – Anonymous
- “I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Perhaps this is what the stories meant when they called somebody heartsick. Your heart and your stomach and your whole insides felt hollow and empty and aching.” – Juliet Marillier
- “How do you love someone and just… Walk away? Just like that. You just, go on as normal…. You get up, get dressed, go to work… How can you do that? How can you be okay with that?” – Ranata Suzuki
- “How beautiful it is and how easily it can be broken.” –Tennessee Williams
- “I swore to myself it wouldn’t happen again. I vowed to myself that this was the end. The end of this longing, this yearning so strong… I said I was over you, but oh I was so wrong.” – Anonymous
- “I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart.” – L. Frank Baum
- “If you find yourself in love with a person who doesn’t love you, be gentle with yourself. There is nothing wrong with you. Love just didn’t choose to rest in the other person’s heart.” – Anonymous
- “How do you know when it’s over? Maybe when you feel more in love with your memories than with the person standing in front of you.” – Gunnar Ardelius
Funny Quotes About Moving On After A Break Up
You must learn to think of your breakup not as the end of your life but as the beginning of a better and finer life. These funny quotes will definitely make you laugh and inspire you to move on after the parting.
- “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Breaking up is like knocking over a Coke machine. You can’t do it in one push. You gotta rock it back and forth a few times, and then it goes over.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “Don’t change yourself, so other people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will like you.” – Anonymous
- “Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either.” – Golda Meir
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – M. Kathleen Casey
- “I have a pet dog, he kisses like you, his breath is like yours, he pants like you. I love him dearly but I wouldn’t want to marry him. Let’s part before this goes any farther.” – Anonymous
- “Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.” – Walter Anderson
- “This just isn’t for me. Nothing personal. I want to be able to tell people – I’m single” – Anonymous
- “I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was, “You’ll never find anyone like me again!” I’m thinking, “I should hope not! If I don’t want you, why would I want someone like you?” – Anonymous
- “When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.” – Barney Stinson