Their mother gets a lot of credit for her excellent taste, but Sasha and Malia Obama make just as iconic style choices as Michelle Obama. At the very least, I certainly wouldn’t hate having them go through my closet.
Click through for 16 of the Obama girls ladies’ most legendary style moments…
- 1. That Time Sasha Wore This Perfect Blush Coat
- 2. This Magnificent Floral Situation
- 3. Sasha’s Whimsical Sweater Phase
- 4. Malia’s Classy Normcore
- 5. This Perfect Family Portrait
- 6. Malia’s Jackie Kennedy Coat
- 7. Sasha’s Yellow Flats
- 8. Everything About Malia Right Now
- 9. Sasha’s Jacket Paired With That Coral Top…
- …And A Second Shot Featuring Mother-Daughter Love
- 10. When Malia Was Fly At The Colosseum
- 11. Sasha’s Glorious ’70s Throwback
- 12. Sasha’s Larger-Than-Life Skirt
- 13. Whatever This Situation On Malia Is
- 14. That Time Sasha Was Garden-Party-Chic
- 15. Malia’s Anthropologie Coat…
- …Which She’s Worn More Than Once Like A Normal
- 16. Every Time They Took A Selfie
1. That Time Sasha Wore This Perfect Blush Coat
2. This Magnificent Floral Situation
On the way to Church, no less!
3. Sasha’s Whimsical Sweater Phase
This panda get-up is fabulously reminiscent of her famous unicorn sweater, and while I refer to it was a phase here, I’m actually hoping her excellent taste in knitwear is anything but.
4. Malia’s Classy Normcore
When Malia dresses like an average teen (versus the political style goddess she’s usually walking around as), she always does it with a certain air of inexplicable fanciness that her peers could never match. Here she cosplays a typical teen donning leggings for a plane ride with her family — only instead of a Southwest jet, she’s getting off Air Force One. NBD. Bonus points for Sasha’s twin look.
5. This Perfect Family Portrait
I can’t decide what’s to love most here. The dogs, Sasha’s skirt or those shoes!? I have to admit that I’m also maybe a little biased by Michelle’s stunning non-ironic use of argyle, though in this gallery she is meant to merely frame her daughters’ style from the sidelines, which she can handle, because she gets plenty of fashion cred every other day of the year.
6. Malia’s Jackie Kennedy Coat
The coat may be the true showstopper of this photo, but also note Malia’s ability to pull off those cute little socks that peek out of the top of fall boots — make no mistake, those things may look simple, but pulling them up to just the right length and keeping them from sagging is a superhuman feat.
7. Sasha’s Yellow Flats
For once, the phrase “pop of color” is appropriate.
8. Everything About Malia Right Now
Best teen forever and ever.
9. Sasha’s Jacket Paired With That Coral Top…
It is my everything. Also, can we note photographers’ freakish ability to catch the Obama girls looking as bored as possible in every instant?
…And A Second Shot Featuring Mother-Daughter Love
Because it’s just too cute.
10. When Malia Was Fly At The Colosseum
In this picture, Malia was just 11 years old as she stood in front of the Colosseum (NBD) with her mom, but that didn’t stop her from being the most boss, unimpressed pre-teen who ever lived.
11. Sasha’s Glorious ’70s Throwback
Where can I buy every single piece of her outfit?
12. Sasha’s Larger-Than-Life Skirt
No matter that this is the night her dad was re-elected, because what is really important here is where on earth I can find that perfect skirt. It looks like spring florals, galaxy prints, and one of those crushed-velvet figure skater skirts all had a baby.
13. Whatever This Situation On Malia Is
A frock? A blouse? A tunic? Whatever it is, it’s beautiful and is calling to my soul.
14. That Time Sasha Was Garden-Party-Chic
And perfectly coordinated with Mom and Dad.
15. Malia’s Anthropologie Coat…
I have seen so many style bloggers wear this coat, and lo and behold, our very own First Daughter wears it too! I admire her commitment to being a living example of her father’s politics by behaving like an everyday American, wearing run-of-the-mill upscale clothing when she could spend every day wearing custom made upscale clothing from any designer she pleases.
…Which She’s Worn More Than Once Like A Normal
She really is a woman of the people!
16. Every Time They Took A Selfie
Teenage political icons: they’re just like us!
Original by Claire Hannum