One of the most important things for the growth and wellbeing of your baby is having the right nutrition. Mothers have to spend as much time as they possibly can breastfeeding their babies, for the little ones to get the proper nutrition. It is known that breast milk provides infants with the necessary nutrients, but not everyone can breastfeed their baby. If you stop breastfeeding your baby or if you cannot breastfeed it, the best option is to feed your child with infant formula.
Before we take a look at the benefits of organic baby formula, let’s take a look at what infant formula is. Infant formula is food designed for feeding babies and infants under 12 months of age. It is usually prepared for bottle-feeding or cup-feeding from powder that is mixed with water. However, the regular baby formula manufacturers tend to use corn syrup as the source of carbohydrates. And, as you already know, corn syrup can be quite harmful, especially to babies. Also, some sweeteners should not be used in organic baby formulas such as palm oil, carrageenan, processed refined sugars, synthetic preservatives, and synthetic nutrients.
Companies that manufacture standard baby formula will likely use these ingredients to make the formula sweeter. The ingredients used to make this formula can cause serious problems for your kid. It could cause problems with weight and weaning. Hence, organic baby formula is safer for your child and you will not have to worry about the potential health risks that regular formula can cause.
Why Organic Baby Formula is Better?
This choice is a healthier option for your baby. It does not include sweeteners that can cause health problems for your baby and it also does not include milk from cows that have eaten grass that was treated with pesticides. This formula uses healthier sweeteners such as lactose and protein. Some health benefits of organic baby formula are:
- It has lutein, which is good for the eyesight
- It has antioxidants, which are healthy for your child
- It does not contain many heavy metals
By using organic formula, it can protect your baby from the harmful effects that regular formula can cause. You will not have to worry about health problems if you are feeding your baby with this kind of formula.
The benefits of organic formula
Here is a list of benefits of organic formulas:
- Safe for babies – organic milk does not contain chemicals that can be harmful. If you worry about some products containing them, you should not worry. The products go through a government check and they will only be available in stores if they meet the standards. What is also good is that you will be able to review all the ingredients only. So, if you are thinking about using the Holle formula, you will be able to read all the ingredients on their website.
- More nutrients – it contains more vitamins, like Vitamin E. It is also full of antioxidants that will help your child cleanse their system since their bodies are vulnerable in the early months. It is also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are not harmful to the baby, instead, they are one of the most important elements in the mental and physical development of the child.
- There is no GMO – the problem with genetically modified products is controversial. Some people think that it will cause no harm, while others think that it can cause long-term problems on the body. If you worry about GMO, switch to organic formula.
- It reduces the risk of contracting other illnesses – when your baby is fed organic milk formula, there is a chance of contamination from pesticide residues in the formula. The health issues might include lung damage, injury to the nervous system, as well as immune system dysfunction. If you switch to organic formula, you will keep your baby away from these potential diseases.
A lot of parents worried about feeding their baby organic milk formula, since it is not as popular as the regular one, however, once they saw the positive effects that it provides, they switched to organic baby formula.