As the digital marketing space continues to evolve, videos are emerging as the most favorable option for driving conversion and user engagement. From Twitter to Facebook, everything is adrift towards videos. 82% of users on Twitter watch videos while 45% of Facebook users watch more than one hour of video on Facebook every seven days.
Even as social media and individual sites take to videos, it is YouTube that is commandeering the lead. Each day, more than 500 million YouTube videos are watched while close to 50% of users take an hour every week watching videos on the channel. And that is just a heaven for everyone in digital marketing.
These statistics are only a pointer of the direction that internet marketers should take. You cannot be left behind in reaching the huge traffic flocking social media for videos. In this post, we outline the best strategies to grow your YouTube presence.
Clearly define your goals on YouTube
What is your goal on YouTube? Well, targeting to become a YouTube star might be a tall order on the short term. It will require years of hard work because of the ever-growing number of video channels and top notch competition. But there are other great goals you can achieve easily on YouTube.
- Use YouTube for managing brand reputation: One thing you need to know about reputation management is that you are never done. Even if the brand is riding high, you cannot sleep. YouTube videos will easily get you ranked at the top by Google and feature on rich snippets. This means you will easily draw a lot of attention from visitors for the video.
- Use YouTube videos to drive conversions: Videos on YouTube provide a low-effort option for your clients to interact with the product on offer. For example, about 44% of clients are likely to buy your service or product after watching its video. Besides, one in every three millennials buys items after watching their videos on YouTube. YouTube is a great place to increase exposure of your product and ranking well in Google.
Craft a great editorial calendar
Just like the standard SEO, video marketing on YouTube requires a lot of planning. Note that the videos you generate should be guided by the market demand. A common routine for crafting a YouTube editorial calendar might look like this.
- Commence with comprehensive keyword research.
- Narrow down to specific ideas using research questions.
- Take advantage of seasonality to generate appropriate timing for every type of content.
- Factor the time required for video production and its promotion.
Produce your YouTube videos
Unlike in the past when video production was complex and expensive, it has become a lot easier and direct today. Though you can use in-house production by utilizing special tools, it is advisable to outsource the video creation services especially when doing it for the first time. The good thing about outsourcing is that videos are done by experts who understand what works and what does not. Make sure to learn as much as possible from the expert so that ultimately start producing top quality and winning YouTube videos.
Optimize the YouTube Video page
Now that the goals are set, the production schedule in place and some videos are ready for publishing, it is time to focus on the page. Here, you need to get a good title that captures the most crucial keywords, a detailed description, and a lot of tags. Make sure to also include thumbnails.
Bonus tips for growing your YouTube presence
- Set and follow important metrics such as clicks and engagement.
- Monitor progress through reviews.
- Share your videos on other platforms.