Technology is evolving, and now buying a low-priced phone doesn’t mean that you are losing a lot compared to if you bought at $1000 device. It is pretty simple, with the mass production and new brands evolving, there are tons of cheap phones out there that will almost fill all your needs. And especially if you are prone to breaking gadgets, this is a good choice for you as you get better value for your money, and once you are done with it, you don’t have to break your wallet to get another one.
We have done more than tests including Chinese brands like Xiaomi and Honor, as well as European ones like Nokia and Motorola. Yes, the manufacturer of these smartphones can’t include everything you might expect, and the screen might not be as high quality as an iPhone or Samsung devices, but for the money, you are paying these are the best android phones out there. I mean imagine how things were a few years ago when for 50$ you could of get the most basic Nokia 3310 and be satisfied with the call/message service. Nowadays, you can pay only double or triple the amount and get almost everything you would expect from an android phone. In the end, most of these are a great option for your kid!
Best Android Phones Under 200$
- Xiaomi Mi A2. This one, and one of the newest out there is an amazing buy for just around $200 (depending on the store). While for a long time Xiaomi was only available to the Asia market, with the Android One changes the UK and the USA users can have it now as well. It has a beautiful design, quality display, and three camera functions that even top-notch phones would look after. It has an internal memory of 128 GB, 6 GB RAM (though you can go for the 2x less amount, which is still enough). At the back one camera is 12 MP, while the second one is an amazing 20 MP. The front camera has 20 MP as well, and it runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo). Overall, an excellent devie which you can get to know more about via Xiaomi official website.
- Honor 9 Lite. A gadget that you can find at just below $200 is one of the best android phones when it comes to low-budget models. Again an exquisite design, and four cameras which even top our previous pick. Dual cameras both at the back and front have 13 and 2 MP respectively. It has 64 GB of internal storage and 4 GB of RAM, allowing it to run at an admirable Similar to the previous it’s Android version is 8.0 (Oreo), and runs on an Octa-core CPU. Also, it has quite a good battery life, which is something to cherish nowadays!
- UMIDIGI One Pro. A somewhat cheaper smartphone, being at around $170, it has amazing specs. Wireless charging, dual camera at the back (12+5 MP) plus one at the front (16 MP), an excellent display and a fingerprint sensor makes you feel like you are using a top-notch phone. It runs on Octa-Core, carrying 4 GB RAM and 64 GB of internal memory. A great buy for the offered money!
- Motorola Moto E5. If you are really low-budget and still want a decent devie then this is the right pick for you. This phone that comes for about $120-130 has a 5.7 inch LCD screen, with a back camera of 13 MP. Along with that, it carries 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage, and though not the biggest it is certainly worth it. As a gadget that runs pretty good with this one, you are not going to go wrong!
- Nokia 5.1. Last, but not list the famous Finnish brand. The only reason we put it at the fifth please is that it has a similar price to the Chinese brands while somewhat lower performance. The first thing we noticed is a beautiful Series 6000 design, with a 5.5 inch LCD display (16 M colors). It has a back camera of 16 MP and a selfie one of 8 MP, carrying 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. It has almost everything a phone needs, except it, can’t run the most demanding games, but other than that a worth your money buy!
It is nice to see that although iPhones and Samsung gadgets seem to be ruling the market, people are slowly turning to the less expensive devices that still carry almost the same power. Luckily, there are many brands, mostly coming from Asia, to fill in the demand and let us enjoy what one phone offers without going broke!