You are running a business that includes a lot of daily farm work and for that, you need the right equipment. And of course, the first thing that comes to our mind is an excavator. It is an essential machine for productive farm business and that is why it is important to buy a good one that can serve you for years to come. Now, the excavators that you already own are getting old and you are afraid that the final drive motors might need a replacement? No need to worry. The thing is final drive motors are what peoples an excavator and along with a metal track represent the most important parts. Still, after 5-7 years of heavy use these need to be replaced and if you know the right supplier (not an official dealership) you can buy some for a third of the price while not skimping on quality.
On the other hand, if you either want to completely replace your excavator or simply buy an additional one there are few factors you might want to consider. Without further ado let’s go ahead and take a look at the few tips relating to buying a new excavator!
What To Look At When Buying An Excavator
1. First and foremost is operating weight and this mainly depends on the type of business you are running. Are you looking for a mini, mid-sized or a full-size excavator? That depends on what will be the applications and what will you use it for.
2. As of the hydraulic system, you might want to go for the one that has bigger control valves and new-gen solenoid valves that will allow for a higher breakout force of your machine. If you want your excavator to get as effective as it can investing in hydraulic attachments is a way to go. And don’t forget that your Final Drive Motor runs on the hydraulic system as well.
3. Along with that, you have to think about buying an excavator that has a clear control panel that will be easy to use. You don’t want your worker to have any kind of problems with adjusting the machine to the required preference, and the pattern should either be ISO or SAE.
4. Don’t forget that you will need to transport that excavator from the buying place to the place you run a business. The larger the excavator is the bigger the trailer should be. And let’s not forget all the additional costs or the fact that you need to supply the drivers with the right certification to run the given excavator.
5. Of course, you should look for an excavator that is comfortable and ergonomic. Have in mind that the operator will have to be in there for more than a few hours each and every work day.
6. Though rubber tracks are better for the surface, these wear out much faster so if you are buying a mid or a large-sized excavator we would recommend you to get the one with steel tracks. Just be sure that the surface you are working at is adequate and will not suffer too much.
7. Last but not least you need to be sure that the dealership you buy from is legit and you can check that by asking around and checking the previously given feedback. And along with that don’t agree to a contract without at least a 3 years warranty.
Once the time comes and you need to buy a new excavator you shouldn’t go for the first one that seems right, but rather conduct thorough research and look for the one that will comply with your business requirements for years to come. At the end, it is not that hard and following the above-mentioned tips will help you stay trouble-free!