Trends in interior design and decoration change every year, but with slight improvements and a few changes, we can always get a fresh modern look. Home décor trends in 2020 suggest open and spacious interiors, with a sense of harmony and a strong bond with Nature. Colors will be bright and fresh, and furniture and decoration items will be less in numbers, to ensure freedom of movement and visual spaciousness. Different interior styles interpret new trends in different original ways, depending on their characteristic features and accents. We offer you a few tips on what the latest home décor trends are, and on how you can introduce these in your home.
1. Everything Living Coral
The Pantone Institute, the ultimate authority on colors, has chosen living coral to be the ‘color of the year 2020’. With its natural warm and comforting tones, this lively color may well be considered as a long-due reaction to the neutral and monochrome color trends that have been ruling over the interiors for the past few years.
Due to the natural environment the color comes from, there are different color palettes that it can be successfully incorporated in, creating cheerful accents and various in spirit ambiance effects.
How you can introduce this trendy color in the interior of your home depends entirely on your personal taste. From accent walls painted in uniform living coral hues to lively pops of color introduced through small furniture items, home décor accessories, textiles, and even kitchen utensils and appliances, the color of the year 2020 will add fresh and bright ambiance in your home.
2. Closer to Nature
2020 will put a strong emphasis on interiors where ‘less is more’, with a reasonable sense of purposefulness of space and closer relationship with Nature. Home décor will tend to feature all things natural and organic in the attempt to bring in the beauty and fresh vibe of Nature.
This year’s interior will feature furniture items crafted of wood, stone and various natural materials, while decorations will celebrate creativity in using sustainable materials such as jute, rice paper, and clay. This trend will also show in a smart and unobtrusive mix of modern with vintage, as well as in featuring earthy and natural color tones.
3. Light wood floors and countertops
The 2020 ‘bring Nature in’-the trend will however also show off the achievements of modern technologies in our pursuit to preserve the natural environment. Large interior surfaces, like floors and countertops, will feature the beauty and feel of natural timber through the use of the modern man-made materials with equivalent effect. To achieve a visually larger space effect and open look, as well as cozy and fresh ambiance, 2020 interior trends suggest lighter tones of natural timber colors, such as shades of birch, beachy white, and light oak.
4. Floral patterns
Featured on textiles, wallpapers, backsplashes, or the surface of smaller furniture items, and mostly in light, pastel color hues, floral patterns will make beautiful accents in 2020 interiors. Floral motifs provide classic elegance and chic, which is highly admired in contemporary homes. 2020 will also introduce some modern interpretations of the traditional beauty of floral patterns, suggesting abstracted floral designs which will perfectly fit more modern interior design lines.
5. Colorful kitchen
2020 interior trends pay special attention to kitchens, suggesting more color and stronger aesthetic looks in one of the most functional areas at home. Two main methods are recommended here. One is to have the kitchen walls painted in uniform light to pure white color, and then make kitchen cabinets pop up in vibrant colors, complemented by boldly patterned backsplashes and statement countertops. The other method suggests keeping the white kitchen but introducing pops of color through openly displayed kitchen accessories, utensils, and appliances in flamboyant contrasting colors.
Home Remodel Preliminary Measures
To ensure the best result, you should consider several things before the project begins. It can be hard and costly to interrupt the remodel process and make amendments on the go. Here is the list of measures to take before the start:
- To promote efficiency and excellent performance of your remodel works, apply thorough planning, and list out essential things you will need during the process of reconstruction. You should keep in mind that you will require room for leisure, working, and sleeping.
- Think about the utilization of the waste left from the remodeling process. Some remodel enterprises provide utilization options. The logistics need consideration before the remodel starts.
- Try to minimize air pollution. Using some remodel materials, such as adhesives, paints, and others require frequent ventilation of the space.
- Dust can impact your electronic equipment, so make sure you put away all gadgets to avoid damage to it.
- Do not rush to choose the first remodeling contractor: contact several Sacramento home remodeling firms and weigh up the features and prices to make the best choice. Do look at customers’ testimonials as well.
- Assess the contractor’s plans on your remodel project and find those already completed by the contractor. Thus, you will predict the overall cost and avoid negative surprises during the remodeling process.
Economical Home Remodel
Yours remodel project’s success will be satisfying in itself; however, the price factor may be found disappointing in the aftermath. Avoid vain negative thinking and focus on the plan. Read the home remodeling guide at kitchensacramento.com to find out more about the steps you should take to ensure you remodel the project’s best result.
Keep in mind the maximum amount of money you can afford to spend on the remodel. Add some 20% to the estimate, and you will get a more precise sum.
Here is what can appear in the estimate:
- Painting the walls. You may need several rounds of painting.
- Flooring renovation
- Roof renewal
- Illumination renewal
- Installation of Energy-efficient windows
- Renovation of the exterior
- Countertops and tiling renovation
- Plumbing system renovation in bathrooms
- Garage remodel and renovation.
Crucial Steps to Take For the Best Remodel Project Result
A properly-outlined plan is the first thing to consider to ensure the success of the home remodeling project. It will help you estimate the costs and timelines for each step, giving you a more accurate view of the process.
Of course, there can be some extra expenditure on the go and urgent measures taking, but the more detailed plan you have, the more likely the success is.
- In essence. There are four major stages to go through while remodeling your home:
Think about all the areas of your house you want to have remodeled and estimate the costs of the tools and materials you will require.
- Choose the right contractor and discuss all the detail with the project manager before you purchase the remodel.
- Outline the step-by-step plan
- Actual renovation. There is no way back now. Heed the carefully outlined plan and assess the performance of your contractor’s remodeling team.
You should also keep in mind that all renovations are distinct, and your remodel project might take unique measures and take a little longer than some other projects.
To turn your living space into a cozy and comfortable area, follow the plan, choose the best contractor you can afford. Remodel projects take a responsible attitude both from homeowners and the home remodeling teams. But when you keep a careful eye on each of the project stages, you are highly likely to get the result you dream about.