Meditation is a practice that has been used since ancient times in some cultures and traditions, but since the 19th century it has spread, and today, meditation is used throughout the world. When meditating, one uses different techniques to achieve a clear and calm state of mind. It helps with reducing stress, anxiety, and depression and at the same time, it helps individual to increase their inner peace and one’s well-being.
There are many types and sub-types of meditation, but the following seven are the most popular:
- Loving-kindness meditation – by practicing this type, you will open your mind to share love and kindness toward everyone and everything, even those that are causing you stress. This kind of practice will help you reduce stress, anger, and resentment.
- Progressive relaxation – through this type you will learn how to relax both your whole body and mind. Progressive relaxation is recommended for people who have some sort of chronic pain because they will learn how to relax every muscle in their body.
- Mindfulness meditation will help you improve your memory, minimize impulsive and emotional reactions by remaining aware of your present and surroundings and not dwelling on past events. This type will also help you lower your blood pressure.
- Breath awareness meditation will help you unwind through slowly breathing and counting your breaths.
- Kundalini yoga combines movement and breathing exercises that will help you not only relax but also reduce pain and boost energy.
- Zen is a part of Buddhist practice. People who seek a new spiritual path prefer this type to mindfulness meditation.
- Transcendental meditation – the goal is to rise above your current state of being and overcome a certain fear by controlling your breathing and repeating a specific mantra.
Meditation benefits in Professional life are multiple. By clearing your mind and not thinking about many different insignificant things at the same, you will be able to focus on your job. If you are not constantly worried about almost everything, you can think about your work, how to improve your skills and constructive ideas will come to you easily. It will increase your creativity and problem-solving skills and it will also help you work efficiently.
Similarly, meditation will help you to take control of every aspect of your life. It will help you improve your discipline when it comes to exercising and eating. With the help of meditation, you can stop smoking and start leading a healthier life. It will also help you improve your relationships with not only family and friends, but also with all the people you meet regularly through work. Since meditation helps with anger, you will be able to control your impulses and think twice before provoking a discussion. Meditation will change the manner you perceive the world in general. It will help you open your mind, accept different people and deal with a challenging situation in a calm manner.
There is a reason why meditation is practiced by some many people around the world. We presented you with some types of meditation, but there are many more. Research additional types, find the one that will help you in the long run, decided whether you want to practice it individually or within a group and start improving all aspects of your life.