It’s not always necessary to enrich the look and atmosphere of your house by using expensive décor. One of the easiest ways to decorate your house giving it a warm and calm vibe is by using candles. Candles are inexpensive and can be used in multiple ways to decorate almost all parts of your house. Let’s see how.
1. Fireplace decoration: A fresh take on the décor for your living room is to replace the firewood in your fireplace with pillar candles. This idea is great for the autumn season when you do not want harsh heat of the fire but the comfortable warm glow of candles. Placing pillar candles of different heights will give a bit of textured appearance to the fireplace. You can either use similarly colored candles or candles of different colors for a more quirky appearance. Cedar wood or cinnamon scented candles will add to the relaxing vibe of your living room.
2. Table centerpieces: Be it the living room table or a small coffee table, candles make for stunning table centerpieces. Instead of having a bare flat table you can decorate it using cylindrical candles in a tray or tea lights in a bauble. You can enhance this by either adding a few flowers at the base of the candles or placing a small pot containing an indoor plant beside the candle. Additionally, you can add a few books alongside the candle to complete the coffee table look. You can also place the candles on a mirrored surface in order to brighten up space.
3. Cozy corners: If you’re a fan of creating a cozy corner for your reading or coffee time, then adding candles to that corner can add to the stress free vibe. A few candle holders like a sweater votive holder or a simple Mason jar candle holder containing citrus or lavender scented candles along with a few plush cushions and a blanket will make any spot your favorite cozy corner.
4. Candle terrariums: A creative way to decorate any part of your house is by using candle terrariums. Candle terrariums are versatile, easy to make and can be added to your patio or your bedroom. All you need is a large fish bowl or a wide base glass jar. You can add the candle of your choice and fill the rest of the space using white or colorful pebbles and tiny succulents.
5. Glass jars decoration: Glass jars or mason jars are quite universal when it comes to home décor because of its easy creativity. Are you looking for home décor ideas? You can find home decoration tips on trendyhome.ca. You just have to place a candle or a tea light inside the jar and deck it up according to your tastes. Simply tie a jute rope or a colored twine around the neck or paint it with glass colors to make it look beautiful. You can place them either on the steps of your front porch or on the side table of your living room.
6. Hanging candle décor: Hanging candle holders which can be fixed to the patio wall are available in various designs. All you have to do is purchase one of your choice, fix it to the wall and add candles to create a warm atmosphere for your evening tea and conversations. Alternatively, you can purchase a lantern or a bird cage and decorate it with candles and flowers to make it look great hanging on your front porch or your bedroom window.
7. Garden Decoration: A carved pumpkin along with a candle burning inside is the typical garden décor for Halloween. And for the rest of the year you can use small candle lanterns to light up a pathway in your garden. If you have a small fountain or pond in your backyard or garden, you can add floating candles to create a relaxing atmosphere for a small garden party or a date night with your loved one. You can also place candles within a lantern and place it among your plants to create an illuminated area.
8. Kitchen decoration: The kitchen is one of the busiest rooms in a house and probably the place everyone visits at least once in a day. If you’re the kind of person for whom cooking is like therapy then adding a few candles to elevate your mood is certainly a good idea. Decorating your kitchen space with some plants and candles on a stand gives it a crisp feel. You also choose colored candles matching with the color of your kitchen cabinet.
9. Bathroom decoration: The bathroom is the place where most of us like to relax and therefore adding candles to make the atmosphere snug and cozy is like taking the level of your bathroom a notch higher. You can give yourself a spa like feel inside you own bathroom by filling your tub with warm water, adding a bath fizz to it and surrounding it with some flowers and your favorite scented candles. You can also add some candles in front of your bathroom mirror to add some extra light to the bath place.
10. Outdoor Candle chandelier: If you are looking for a creative way to decorate your front deck or patio then a candle chandelier may just be the solution for you. You can purchase an affordable wrought iron chandelier or an old brass chandelier and paint it with a dark color. You can then add candles to it or some tea lights and hang it from the ceiling to give you front porch the look of a grand royal entrance. Candle chandeliers have an old world charm about them and can be a great out of the ordinary décor for your house.
Whether you are moving into a new house or redecorating an old one make sure to use the abovementioned simple methods to decorate any space if you do not want to spend a bomb on the home décor pieces.