– Spain is one of the most visited countries in Europe, but the most popular and famous places in Spain are most certainly not the only ones you should focus on. There is absolutely no doubt that Spain is a diverse, warm, and beautiful country. From the lively Barcelona and busy Madrid to the historic Ronda and vibrant Seville, there are plenty of places to see in this large Mediterranean country.
– Spain is a country with endless travel opportunities and experiences, with things to do and see for almost everyone. From the wonderful beaches to the hidden interior of wide spaces, here are some places to consider visiting if you travel to Spain:
- Toledo – resting on the mountaintop in central Spain, Toledo once served as the Spanish capital. This city was once inhabited by Jews, Christians, and Muslims, and it is sometimes referred to as the „city of three cultures“. Today, Toledo is one of the most popular destinations for its rich historical art and architecture that goes back to the Roman Empire. One of the best things to do and enjoy here is to get lost in the medieval streets and admire the old and stunning architecture that includes cathedrals, synagogues, and mosques.
- Granada – Granada is a place that looks like something from a Disney fairytale. It has a lovely ancient fortress, the snowcapped peaks, and the ever-winding cobbled streets. The Alhambra is one of the most famous attractions in Spain, and it is the most popular for a reason. The big palace sits high over the city and it has some of the best-saved Islamic art and architecture in the world. While here, you will not want to miss the Sacromonte, an area with white caves clinging to the hillside where the city’s gypsy community originally lived. This is also the place where flamenco dance flourished.
- Tenerife – this Canary Island, located off the coast of West Africa is much more than a holiday and beach package. Its crescent landscapes and amazing volcanic peaks are something that looks like it is not from this world. Spain’s highest peak, Mount Teide is located within the Teide National Park, where you will get the chance to explore peculiar landscapes of craters and ancient lava rivers. This is perhaps Spain’s most uniques geological gems.
- Seville – one of the most exceptional tourist attractions, where you will be able to attend lively festivals and have fun during the night, Seville is one of the places to explore while in Spain. As the capital city of Andalusia, Seville is the region’s financial and cultural capital. It is home to a lot of beautiful and important historic landmarks, as well as the grand Cathedral of Seville where it is believed that Christopher Columbus was buried. Another important building is the Real Alcazar, an excessive Moorish palace.
- Madrid – the capital and largest of cities in Spain, Madrid is widely known for its active nightlife scene. The city represents a diversity of nationality groups, making it one of the most colorful cities in Europe. In the city center are most of Madrid’s tourist attractions such as the Royal Palace, which is the residence of Spain’s monarch. Puerta del Sol, which is the heart of Madrid is a large plaza serving as the place for festivals, gatherings, and street performances, as well as the number one hub for the public transportation network system.
- Barcelona – located in the northeastern part of Spain, Barcelona is one of the country’s top travel destinations. It offers everything you might be looking for in a European city from historic architecture to lively marketplaces, vibrant culture, and a buzzing nightlife. Some of the architectural marvels are in Barcelona, such as the Casa Batllo and the famous Sagrada Familia church. Both of these building feature combinations of exquisite designs, shapes, and colors.
– There are numerous things to do in this Mediterranean country, and this list features only a few of them that might catch your eye. Wherever you choose to go, you can be assured that Spain’s attractions will not disappoint you at all!